Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a very good restaurant/pub in or near Cambridge
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

Hello all, I am wanting to find a really good place for a meal for a special occasion any help appreciated thanks

oldnpastit

Possibly a bit too far, but really good. We found this place on a road bike ride last week:

http://www.brinkleylion.co.uk/

It’s about 50 minutes from Cambridge, probably less if you’ve got a car or fresh legs. Food was excellent!

Helios
    Free Member

Midsummer House has a couple of Michelin stars – but most people I know who’ve been have complained that the staff are a bit stuck up and it’s overly pretentious.
    Restaurant 22 used to have a good reputation – but I’ve never been myself and not heard reports for about 5 years.
    Hotel du Vin is excellent, and my preferred choice for special occasions.
    The Chop House is great for good quality local British food. There are 2, one opposite Kings and one round the back of Johns. Clicky. My favourite place to eat out.
    The Galleria on Magdelene Bridge is a nice spot, and used to be my favourite before the Chop Houses came along…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    toby1

I’d opt for 22 or the oak bistro depending on how special special is.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Another vote for Hotel du Vin.

puppypower
    Free Member

The restaurant in Hotel Felix (near girton) is also really nice. I put my other recommendations on the other thread!

luffy105
    Free Member

Glad to hear the Chop House is good. I’m being taken for dinner there on Thursday night by one of our suppliers. Looking forward to it now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a very good restaurant/pub in or near Cambridge’ is closed to new replies.