Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me a saddle please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

What do folks on here find comfortable for all mountain freeride lite kinda riding

ta

davidjohn
    Free Member

I just ordered another Selle Italia Flight (the original 1990 model)..

Just like the ones on my other bikes.. 8)

DJ

TiRed

As above. It’s back for a reason! 😀 Currently testing an Arione and I ride a B17 for commuting duties and did use it off-road for a year.

atlaz
    Free Member

Currently on bikes: Fizik Gobi XM, Selle Italia SL XC, Charge Spoon

Recommend all of them.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps my arse thanks you in advance!

FuzzyWuzzy

See what you can demo from LBS’s otherwise probably start with something like a Charge Spoon as they’re cheap.

dantsw13

I’ve had 2 charge spoons, and for £20, unbelievable value for a great saddle!

thered

Do you need something with a love channel?

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah just bought one of those
    might well get another if i like it

womble72
    Free Member

+1 for the Charge Spoon. Cheap to buy and really comfy. Quite nice in the looks department as well.

cp

Cheers chaps my arse thanks you in advance!

or possibly not! Saddles are a very personal thing IMO and you will only find ‘the one’ by trying a few out… Lots of folk rave about the Spoon yet I can’t stand it!

stevenc
    Free Member

Brooks B17 here, have one on 2 of the 3 bikes. No need for padded shorts on anything under a 4 hour ride. May not look the best on new bikes but it’s so comfortable.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m converted to B17 also. Just need to save up to get another one.
    If you’re feeling flush:
    http://karaginther.bigcartel.com/product/eyelet-lace-brooks-b17

else

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/brooks-saddles/cycle/

xcgb
    Free Member

Brooks B17 brings back memories when i used to do cycle touring and CTC day rides. Do you still need to pour that hot leather treatment stuff into the underside or was that just me?

bigblackshed

Sorry xcgb. But asking what other people’s preferred choice of saddle, is like asking “what’s your favourite foodstuff / drink / tv programme / browser?”

A saddle is all very personal. it’s what fits your arse. Not someone else’s. Unless of course that floats your boat. 😕

kcal

Prologo – can’t recall the model but extremely comfortable.

xcgb
    Free Member

Gotta start somewhere and for 14 squid worth a punt

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

+1 For the Gobi XM, got the muzzle version with the rear guard, very very nice.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

saddles are very subjective, however the charge spoon does seem to be recommended more than any other though, and it is cheap as chips at wiggle. Ive got one to try out- I like WTB Silverados which are thin but a similar outline but as they are dear at RRP I tend to snap them up here, and thought I’d give a spoon a go. The orange stitching and base also matches my frame!

mrjmt
    Free Member

just got a spoon from wiggle, £13.50 with the fathers day 10% off code.

bargainous.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I like the Fizik Gobi, but many don’t as you sit in rather than on it (try one, you’ll see). Takes a bit of setting up to get right but is a nice compact, flexible perch that isn’t too heavy.

SDG Bel-air are very comfy and available in more variants than you could shake a stick at.

Try if you can before splashing the cash.

seanodav
    Free Member

Not getting on with the charge spoon ive put on mine, i find the pointy bits on the back snag your shorts way worse than the sdg bel air it replaced, to the point im thinking or changing mine.

unovolo
    Free Member

In no particular order my favourite saddles have been Brooks B17 special,Selle italia Turbo(re-issue) and the Charge Spoon.
    Have tried countless others but my arse seems to get on best with these 3.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a saddle please!’ is closed to new replies.