Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a PC for playing Minecraft & watching Youtube, for under £300
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Hi there, something that you can buy online, and will be used mainly for playing Minecraft and watching Minecraft on youtube. We already have a monitor with VGA?? connection, so stand alone tower would be fine.

We’d like something compact, and not worried about DVD drives, etc. Cheers in advance!

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Google for Intel NUC or Gigabyte Brix and find one that meets your budget. You will need to add a hard drive and memory so make sure you include that in your budget.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m not sure I’d know what else to buy to make something like that work. I’d ideally like something idiot proof!

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Ok, fair enough.
    Check here then. They are all fine for what you want.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=43&catid=2476

To help pick between them, Intel are better processors but at this price point AMD have better graphics capabilities. Having said that they will all take a seperate graphics card at a later date if you decide you want one, changing the processor is likely to end up being more expensive and way more involved. Besides, processors have been ‘fast enough’ for years now while graphics cards are racing ahead in price/performance.
    If it were me, I’d go for either of the intel builds, as much storage as you need and at least 8gb of memory.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

excuse the thread resurrection, I’m still not really sure what I want to buy here, I’ve looked at the links above, but it’s doesn’t really tell me much, I was hoping to just buy something from Acer/Dell/Whoever and be done with it, any ideas before I buy the one that looks the prettiest?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a PC for playing Minecraft & watching Youtube, for under £300’ is closed to new replies.