Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a new compact camera pls.
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’m after a new compact. Small enough for my wife’s handbag, in my pocket when out on the bike, a general everyday camera. I’ve a decent DSLR and a Gopro, so don’t go there!

I’ve no idea what the budget is, as I don’t really know what quality £100 or £500 gets these days with compacts.

Not bothered about mega zoom range, but a decent wide end is important.

matt_outandabout

As ever, what people have is what they suggest.

I found the canon outlet on eBay – we had a brand new compact (Sx220) for £90, down from £200+ as it had a damaged box. Olympus and Pentax also have eBay outlets iirc.

andy8442
    Free Member

Cheers. I’m on it now.

Cougar

As ever, what people have is what they suggest.

Though, you’d hope that people did their research before buying, so the suggestion should be “this is what I bought as I found was the best when I looked into it” rather than “this is what I happen to have.”

I appreciate that’s an optimistic idea, though.

Cougar

(also; IXUS.)

matt_outandabout

(also our SX220 does take a good shot – especially now I have gone back and read up on how the frikkin’ thing works properly from the manual…)

hjghg5
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a fuji xf1 for £129. It came highly recommended although I’ve not had much chance to test it as yet.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Sony RX100

Look at the reviews and then buy one.

Nikon D60 to Nikon D300 to Panasonic G1 to Panasonic GF1 to GF2 to GF3 to RX100.

Best camera I’ve ever owned.

Here, let me help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a new compact camera pls.’ is closed to new replies.