Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me a LBS……in Cardiff
  • officialtob
    Free Member

As above really – I’ve not yet had to use an LBS in Cardiff, however the road bike needs a few bits doing to it before a charity ride I start next week, and I cant face faffing myself.

What you got for me STW?

LoCo
    Free Member

Cyclopedia, Sunset or Don Skene. Cyclopedia are the most road bike focused of the 3.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Don Skenes really helpful

matt23
    Free Member

All excelelnt bike shops – I use Don Skene brilliant service for both MTB and Road bikes – plus next door to a Greegs 🙂

greeble
    Free Member

bikeshed in Canton.
    Don skene’s in Rumney,
    Muddy bum bikes in Rhiwbina
    cyclopedia or sunset Cathays area

take your pick. All good shops

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Muddybums / Sunset or Skene for me

officialtob
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

Don Skene has a 100% hit-rate so far! Shame its the other side of town from me (I’m in Canton). Probably give the Bikeshed a try – I remember popping in there for a browse one day and they seemed really helpful.

veedubba

+1 for Don Skene

I’d also mention Reg Braddick, or at least the girl that works in there as she was very helpful and knew her stuff, but that was 5 years ago.

IME Sunset aren’t very good unless they think you’re spending lots of money.

Where are you starting from as that may influence your choice.

greeble
    Free Member

Bike shed it is then.
    or cerinti store in the house of fraser

SaxonRider

I am surprised you live in Canton, and haven’t spent more time in Bikeshed. I live at the top of Canton, and it’s where I go to feel better when depressed. 😀

They are good guys in there, and should do a good job of what you take to them.

creamegg
    Free Member

IME Sunset aren’t very good unless they think you’re spending lots of money.

My experience of Sunset is the opposite. I’ve gone in there several times prepared to part with my money and they’ve sorted it free of charge. Ok I end up buying the odd bits n bobs as I’m looking round the shop but good experience overall. My default LBS. If they haven’t got what I want I’ll give Don Skene a visit.

DanW
    Free Member

Evans 🙂 They have a good reputation 😉

Don Skene have better general stock of odd bits and bobs than most other places, Sunset is OK, Cyclopedia have been excellent for me whenever I needed them to sort something awkward like a sheared Ti crank bolt head 🙂

fandango
    Free Member

If you’re in canton, I’d drop into Bike Shed. Cyclopaedia have a good rep but they’re on Crwys rd which is a pain. Tredz on Penarth road are pretty good too.

fabs

+1 Don Skene. Really now their stuff.

2nd place is probably Bike Shed. That said they sold a secondhand bike to a mate with a triple ring up front and a short cage rear mech with no warning. Then they made him pay for the replacement rear mech a week later when he destroyed it by putting it in the large-large combination. Thought that was a bit off.

fabs

know even!

steviecapt
    Free Member

+1 skenes, and i live round the corner from tredz, trouble with tredz is that their computerized stocking system is a bit erratic, boys in the shop are ok though

officialtob
    Free Member

Cheers all, muchos appreciated!

I am surprised you live in Canton, and haven’t spent more time in Bikeshed.

I havnt actually moved there yet – currently living in Thornhill. Moving next week to around Victoria Park 🙂

CarlThomas
    Free Member

Muddybum Cycles in Rhiwbina…Sam and Ben are great guys and most helpful…and when you are finished there come and buy wine from me! 😀

cubemeup
    Free Member

See Oly in Skenes always helpful and have plenty of stock

Matt_SS_xc

cyclopaedia would be my choice, top guys

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a LBS……in Cardiff’ is closed to new replies.