Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a 3/4 bib knicker for about £50
  • spando
    Free Member

As the title really, any experience with the dbh brand?

spando
    Free Member

Thanks in advance

messiah
    Free Member

I have the Roubaix and think they are great, very warm. Lusso stuff is excellent quality.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Lusso-BIBKNICKERS/LUSSZBBK

organic355
    Free Member

have you looked at the FUNKIER range? their bibbs are around that price. I have a pair of regular tights and they are great quaility for the price, the bibbs might be good too.

jonba
    Free Member

I have several pairs of the dhb branded ones from several generations of product. I’ve got a fair bit of their kit now as I’ve found it to be great value. The tope end stuff appears as good as brands costing twice as much.

They do 3 levels. In the past the cheaper ones were a bad fit for me the medium and top end ones were really good. Of the current range I have the mid range ones and they are really good. They have the same chamois in and fabric as much more expensive brands.

One suggestion though is use your current shorts and a good pair of knee warmers. Or buy some new shorts and a pair of nkee warmers. More flexible that way and will offer you as much benefit

spando
    Free Member

Thanks so far folks messia, I like the look of the Lusso stuff seems great value.
    Jonba, I would use shorts and knee warmers however I have only got baggies and want to get away from wearing baggies as they are so restrictive especially when wet. I have already got warm winter bib tights and have liked them loads. I am now looking for something to take me into the spring /summer. I will probably now wear lycra for road and MTB now, am converted!

messiah
    Free Member

The Lusso stuff is all hand made here in the UK (if that matters to you).

http://www.lusso-clothing.co.uk/index2.php

What matters to me is the quality and fit, both of which are spot on for me (shorts, knickers, tights and knee warmers… not that keen on the look of the jerseys and jackets but I’ve not seen them in the flesh).

KINGTUT
    Free Member

IME DHB is really hit and miss quality and fit wise even with identical garments in their range.

Giordana is a good bet at that price range.

Here.

one_bad_mofo

For that sort of money, I’d be looking at the offerings from Decathlon.

mrlugz
    Free Member

I picked up a Scott 3/4 for about £30, it does the job.

I also have a dhb short bib. Thats canny too.

thomthumb
    Free Member

IME DHB is really hit and miss quality and fit wise even with identical garments in their range.

+1

ended up with 2 large tights and a medium at one point. the first large was smaller than the medium!

santini shorts are my current favs.

jwmlee
    Free Member

I have two pairs of dhb tights. Both superb. Very good value for money.

spando
    Free Member

Thanks for your advice, I have bought a pair of Lusso bib nickers and a ss jersey. Am looking forward to receiving them and letting you know how they are.
    Thanks again 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

steer clear of current Endura stuff. I got some 3/4s recently and they’re appalling. too expensive and used to just write off, though. 🙁

nickswolves
    Free Member

For the 3rd time on similar thread Polaris 3Quartz Bib tights c.£40 top drawer and punch well above weight vs. more expensive rivals

strackbaz
    Free Member

Just bought the pace dhb 3/4 bib tights from wiggle. They’re fantastic, well made, very good value (£38) & using their sizing guide, I managed to get it spot on.

Some folk left remarks on the review about the pad being thin. TBH, I have the Roubaix full bib tights & never noticed a difference.

spoon
    Free Member

Not sure what size you need but I rather like these.

Nalini

al2000

Another vote for Lusso.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a 3/4 bib knicker for about £50’ is closed to new replies.