Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Recommend me…. A £1000 160mm FS frame
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Surely the only other frames worth considering are true single pivot designs, as the rest will all have loads of bearings to replace like the nomad.

Morewood make some bikes that look like there upto the task, similar to Orange but better.

Sancho
    Free Member

Jim
    send me a mail
    crosstrax@hotmail.co.uk

ill let you know what I can do.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

im not anti multi link bearings, my previous bike was a kona coiler and we also have a Reign, but the lower VP linkage on the Mk1 nomad is infamous for being high maintenance.

Like the look of the Hectik and a good spot on the cheap Covert, sadly ita a large.

Keep getting drawn to the ridiculous bargain that is the ASR7 (a grand off RRP on the frame), their sizing recommendations are whack though, their small (17.7″ seat tube, 22.5″ toptube pretty similar to my medium nomad) is recommended for 5’3″ to 5’7″ 😯

psychle
    Free Member

Apparently they size up very large, so a small is more like a medium for most, so I’ve heard (though that doesn’t tally up very well with the 5’3″ to 5’7″ advice 😕 ?). I’m still really tempted by one, they just look so similar on paper to the £2100 Mojo HD I’m about to buy… £1300 could do a lot of things!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

psychle the mojo HD160 is my dream bike but I dont have that kind of money, sadly 😥 Been doing paper comparisons and the yeti looks better than i thought. It is described as having long chain stays but they are (fractionally) shorter than a hecklers, 67 deg headtube with 160mm fork compares favourably with the 69 on a 140 of the heckler. 12mm rear axle and tapered steerer will mean some expense (I have standard 9mm on a hope pro2 and 1 1/8th fork and headset) but its £120 less than the heckler, and comes with a better shock which SC charge >£100 to upgrade. Toptube and seattube on yeti small are similar to SC medium which fits me bang on, and 30.9mm seatpost means my Joplin fits. Hmmmm….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

thread resurrection as I am likely to click “buy” on a Yeti 7 in the next 24hrs. Insanely cheap and the more Ive read the better it sounds.

Before I do are there any good deals out there? Seen the Orange Alpine in the probikeshop.fr thread, which if I could swap the CCDB for lesser shock and cash would bring it in on budget, but its a shame they use a 27.2 seattube which means my joplin wont work.

CRC doing various Rocky Mountain Slayers for ~£800 but dont know much about em and reviews are scarce.

Have I missed a hidden killer deal?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me…. A £1000 160mm FS frame’ is closed to new replies.