Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommed me a new garage door
  • Pauly

My up & over garage door just snapped a counterweight cable and has buckled as a result. Have managed to get it closed and locked now.
    Can anyone recommend the best replacement; new version of the same door, roller shutter, or anything else?
    I hade the coach bolts either side of the bottom of the old door so it was pretty secure.

Thanks in advance.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

How much do you want to spend? We had a buckled up and over replaced with a roller Hormann at £1400 all in.

jonnyrockymountain

See link, these did mine, but the doors are secureglide which a few companys do

http://www.excelrollershutters.co.uk/domestic_garage_doors.asp

Pauly

Thanks guys.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I fitted a glidaroll with pacri bolts in the corners -the depth and width of the recesses is exactly that of a pacri bolt assembly

– cost 400 quid. Removing the lazyboy opener means it can be secured much cheaper i certainly wouldn’t be fitting an electric glidaroll can over power the motor with a crowbar….

Onzadog
    Free Member

We’ve got a horrmann sectional after doing a lot of research.

morphio
    Free Member

Has anyone had any done in the Surrey (or I guess anywhere South East) in the last few years? We will probably have to replace the one on the house we’re buying shortly. Hormann seems to be the way to go for a secure door, but recommendations for who to do it through would be great.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’m in Surrey and had a sectional Hormann fitted by Stephan who runs http://www.berkshiregaragedoors.co.uk/ about 3 years ago. Very well fitted, can recommend.

He’s a mountain biker too!

morphio
    Free Member

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear, thanks!

tomaso
    Free Member

SWS Securoglide is the daddy of electric roller shutter garage doors. Got mine secondhand from someone having a conversion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommed me a new garage door’ is closed to new replies.