Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recomend a ride from Wendover or head to Aston Hills?
  • ampthill

Wednesday night I have to leave my son on Dubstable downs for a couple of hours.

I’m thinking that I might drive over to Wendover for about an hours riding, perhaps a bit longer. Can you sugest a route.(I can read a map and see lots of bridleways but I’m not sure which will give be most fun)

Or should I just head to Aston Hills for the XC loop. It seems to be open Wednesday night

cheers

John

Trimix
    Free Member

I can suggest some good routes if you like. Dont do the XC Aston bit. Its not XC, more like a DH followed by an climb. There are so many other natural trails there its a great place to ride.

Same its Wednesday, otherwise Id meet you for a ride.

Tell me where you want to start from and I will be able to suggest a good loop.

nickc

If you’ve only an hour or so to kill, the Aston will do just as well as anywhere else. You’ll be able to get in a couple of laps, and mess about on some of the tamer DH runs. Top fun I’d say…

pedalhead
    Free Member

Do you have any mapping software? I have a 15-miler from Wendover that’s quite pleasant, Tracklogs format.

lyons
    Free Member

If you have to drop him in dunstable, you could allways try riding in Ashridge… theres some really fun singletrack around there.

pedalhead
    Free Member

ampthill

Thanks folks

sorry no mapping software

Thanks for the offer Trimix but I think Pedal head has answered the question

Its roughly where I was looking

thanks again

John

soobalias
    Free Member

if you do all of pedalheads route in an hour i will be very impressed.

my take on that would be, wendover up to the top of coombe hill, hang a right, drop down to butlers cross (purple line), sharp left alongside the golf course back up to the road junction by chequers, then follow the route to dunsmore, kinda straight across towards the rail line then back to wendover.

i reckon that would be ok.

ampthill

Cheers Soobalias

Can I that in an hour. No

Can I shorten it, yes

I’ll look at your sugestion as well

thanks

John

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recomend a ride from Wendover or head to Aston Hills?’ is closed to new replies.