Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reality of oil production
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

If you want to see what happens behind the scenes in the Niger Delta, just came across this very powerful photo essay. Takes about 10 minutes.

slide show

tron
    Free Member

Blame the Nigerian government for a) massive corruption and b) lack of environmental enforcement. It's hardly difficult to make oil companies work in a fairly clean manner, as they have something you need!

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

It's good to have someone to blame 😯

ziggy
    Free Member

What Tron said, I have a riding buddy who worked in the Niger Delta for 18 months. Corruption is rife, the oil companies are forced to pay locals for work/contracts which never gets done. They can't send their own people as kidnappings happen daily, my mate had 2 armed guards just to get from the airport. The locals resent the oil companies and it's a never ending cycle.

samuri
    Free Member

Black gold?

Well the first thing you know old Jed's a millionaire…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The oil companies are totally complicit in this. Of course they could do it cleanly if they wanted to – but it hurts profits to do so.

The rise of local opposition is in answer to the behaviour of the oil companies. Blaming the victim?

sv

Start the violence as it always pays off – it worked in Northern Ireland!

prettygreenparrot

'complicit in corruption'. Surely all multi-national companies have high ethical standards and maintain a consistent approach to conduct throughout the world. I find it difficult to understand companies giving in to bribery/corruption dependent on the territory they're working in.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot

You are being sarcastic I hope?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reality of oil production’ is closed to new replies.