Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Radon Buying Experience
  • gandalf_ukwizard
    Free Member

hi all, i recently (this weekend) took the plunge and bought a Radon ZR Team 7.0 in black for $709 + shipping.

after doing A LOT of searching trying and debating, and many hours spent here on STW i thought id post something that chronicles my experiences with them and the bike as although they are massive on the continent, over here you hear many have them but its quite hard especially with the new range to get reviews and owners thoughts etc. so i thought id put something back to the forum that has served me well recently.

firstly budget was around £700 for a well spec’d hardtail that gave me VFM and that i wouldnt get caught up in the I WANT to upgrade too soon.

after looking at many bikes, jumping on them and reading reviews of components i had my list narrowed to

custom build On One Inbred
    Whyte 801 2013
    Cannondale Trail SL4
    Spesh Rockhopper
    Cube Acid or 2nd hand Ltd
    Canyon Yellowstone null

Radon ZR Team 6.0 or 7.0
    null

now i wont bore you with experiences but after trying the ones i could, and looking at the specs i whittled it down to the canyon, radon and whyte 801.

the main differences between the canyon and radon (despite not being able to try them) was the forks, for an extra £10 i got reba forks on the radon 7.0 so i plumped for this. i tried the whyte and was happy with it buti have a strange body setup with a short inseam and arms and the geometry on the whyte was a little too stretched out and looking at the radon it basically fit in between the small and medium whyte dimensions, this coupled with the VFM meant i pressed the buy button.

the website was great, straight forward and you get speedy feedback if you ask any questions to the mechanic team and u can also ask for fine tunings, i,e tell them your weight and theyll pre set the forks for your weight, still allowing u to fine tune it in your own time, but little things like this were a treat i thought.

so i bought it last night, and will update as and when on its progress and post picks showing packaging etc when it arrives. hope i haven’t bored anyone. thanks for looking

sbarley
    Free Member

So, what’s the verdict?! I’m keen to find know what they’re like…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Radon Buying Experience’ is closed to new replies.