Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Raceface 30mm BSA series bottom bracket compatability
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

hello all,

after some enlightenment if possible

saw this race face bb got me thinking i have a BSA 68/73 frame and was wondering although it says its not compatable with any other crank except racefave would any other 30mm spindle crank work with this BB below?

Raceface 30mm series BB

i mean i cannot see or if any one knows how much different the cinch 30mm cranks are to a bb30 or pf30 crank?

many thanks

liam

woodster

Longer spindle on the race faee cranks. A BB/PF30 axle isn’t long enough for external bearings on a BSA frame. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work with something like Hope or Rotor cranks though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

BB30 axle is too short to use with outboard cups.386evo,cinch.hope all use a 30mm axle but it is wider (86mm (ish)to outside of cups)

This is road but you get the idea

london_lad_liam
    Free Member

cheers guys yeah i get it now.

so i guess as woodster said hope rotor or possibly e13 could work or bb30 fat crank?

rondo101
    Free Member

I’m using an external Hope 30mm BB with my Next SL cranks instead of the Raceface one. Had to use an extra spacer (one each side) to get the width wide enough for the cinch bolt to work. This might mean that the Raceface BB would be too wide for Hope cranks, but can’t confirm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Raceface 30mm BSA series bottom bracket compatability’ is closed to new replies.