Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Question for Giant Anthem X2 or X3 owners
  • neninja
    Free Member

If you own one of the above bikes would you mind having a look at the RP2 rear shock and telling me what the Rebound and Compression tune settings are please. They will be marked on a label round the bottom of the shock body.

Many thanks

neninja
    Free Member

Anyone out there with an Anthem X2 or X3?

Gilesey
    Free Member

Both medium on my 2009 X2

neninja
    Free Member

Excellent – thanks for your help

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

09 x3 has a float with medium/medium tune.

neninja
    Free Member

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and let me know

wiltsrover
    Free Member

mine is a 09 X2 medium also – would have replied earlier but I have been out in Wales doing a marathon on it….

neninja
    Free Member

Again thanks

pixelmix
    Free Member

How do you all find your Anthems? I'm liking the look of the X1 and X2 as a lightish 100mm XC race bike.

neninja
    Free Member

I went from a carbon hardtail to the Anthem and it's been the perfect choice for me. I picked up a nearly new X4 and then upgraded it to X1/2 spec mainly with parts transferred from the hardtail plus a few extras like a Fox Float RPL.

I mainly cover byways, bridleways etc locally in Co Durham plus N York moors and Yorkshire dales. It's the perfect ride for these sort of routes. It laps up moorland trails, rocky byways etc.

It's like a hardtail on the climbs but with the bonus of some rear wheel travel to soak things up and aid grip when needed. It's made me faster than the hardtail and I get back from rides feeling less fatigued courtesy of the rear suspension.

I personally love it as it's perfect for 90% of the rides I do. It copes well with the odd trail centre trip but if I start doing significantly more visits to trail centres etc I'll probably get a 140mm bike too.

UseItorLoseIt

I have just been out for the 1st time on my Anthem, around the Peak District and agree that it is great for soaking up the bumps but still climbing well. I also got an X3, a bargain 2009 one, and am gradually changing bits like wheels and brakes. I am wondering if it is worth upgrading the shock to one with lock out? It doesn't bob around too much on the climbs but I think it would be useful for tarmac climbs.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

>How do you all find your Anthems?

Loving it. Fast as a very fast thing and not skittish and sketchy like I expected it to be. It's far form standard X3 spec now. I'm not an xc racer so i put some maxle rebas on it.

>I am wondering if it is worth upgrading the shock to one with lock out?

It doesn't bob. Lockouts are horrible things anyway. Spend the money on nicer wheels or something.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Question for Giant Anthem X2 or X3 owners’ is closed to new replies.