Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Qs for all the Kaffenback owners
  • Smarty
    Free Member

I’ve decided that I’m buying one. The prices that Planet X are doing just now are great.
    I have a road bike, a Ridley compact, carbon forks, 105 equipped, hope hoops, quite a nice bike but nothing ‘outstanding’. I’ve been using it more and more lately and it’s a great ride but a little ‘stiff’ and quite a harsh ride for commuting and can’t fit mudgaurds on it, I’ve even been doing some towpath on my commute with it too.
    What I can’t decide on is whether to strip the 105 groupset (obviously will still need to buy cantis) to use on the new Kaff making the build a lot cheaper.
    Then over time I can rebuild the Ridley with better/lighter stuff to make a really nice summer/sportive bike…
    Or will I like to Kaff so much that I’ll end up doing everthing on it?

How would you do it?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It’ll never feel as fast as a proper stiff road bike. Wish I hadn’t sold mine though 🙁

Smarty
    Free Member

I know what you’re saying and that Ridley I have is known for being a stiff frame which is why I don’t acually want to part with it but I would like something for the winter/training/commuting and keep the Ridley for ‘best’.
    Is it worth robbing the bits off it though? When my CRC wishlist got to £800 for the Kaff bits it made me think……

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Who knows?

I guess choice is what you say or build Kaff up cheaper. Kaff likely to be heavier, maybe more comfortable.

I’d be building it up with components that suit its intended purpose.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Qs for all the Kaffenback owners’ is closed to new replies.