Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Purbecks Riding
  • lucien

Any pointers from the STW collective on good routes / trails around the Purbecks? Ridden a couple of times there, and stayed around Corfe Castle – what am I missing?

flap_jack
    Free Member

Nine Barrows is the classic, IIRC,

stimpy
    Free Member

+1 Nine Barrows and Franks Tank.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lucien

Yep, with my Corfe Castle comment I meant from there to Swanage and back over Nine Barrows – is there anything else?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Loop from Corfe Common, up through Afflington farm, down Coombe Bottom, then climb up to Worth Watravers for pint of cider and pie at the Square and Compass. Then road back to B3089 for the rocky narrow bit of b/w down to Woodyhyde Farm.

Of the bits around the ridge, my favourite is the descent through the woods that takes you down close to the stone circle.

lucien

Cheers RP, I’ll do a bit of an explore..

compass81

Have a look on the Dorset Rough Riders site. They will usually be doing a ride on the Purbecks at the weekend. Give the ride leader a call and they’re usually happy for you to tag along.

faustus

Always do nine barrow down Old Harry Rocks from North to South, some routes show it the other way round. From the North it is a brilliant descent along the ridge towards Old Harry Rocks, then down further to Studland South Beach – which has a good little tea shack, beach and pub. Always stop at the Square and Compass, it’s the best pub ever, and the views are amazing…all this talk of my favourite place makes me wnat to ride there right now!

faustus

By North to South I actually mean West to East – my mental map had it a slightly different way round 😉

psling
    Free Member

Pop in and see Charlie the Bikemonger in Swanage; he certainly showed us around some excellent trails in that area earlier this year 8)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Ride over Agglestone way and into the Forest towards Wareham.Above Encombe/Chapmans pool/Kimmeridge.

charliedontsurf

Pop in and see me and I can print you out a map.

I have the SSUK route as a PDF too… That takes in all the classics bits, and every bastard climb.

I also have fabric splash maps of the area for sale, with every legal right of way marked up. But I can also add the cheeky bits for you.

And have you ever ridden a fat bike on a Beach?

fazanders
    Free Member

Link to Franks tank video I shot at the back end of the summer…

smiffy

Frank’s Tank: he’s the messenger of your doom and your destruction.
    Yes, he is the one who will set you up as nothing.
    And he is the one who will look at you sideways
    His particular skill is leaving bombs in people’s driveways.

Frank’s Tank has a memory that’s as cold as an iceberg
    The only time he speaks is in incomprehensible proverbs
    Frank’s Tank is the siren, he’s the air-raid, he’s the crater.
    He’s on the menu on the table, he’s the knife and he’s the waiter.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

priests way is closed for resurfacing now until april 2014!!

O_O

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Purbecks Riding’ is closed to new replies.