Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA – Yale wireless alarm at Screwfix.
  • neilwheel
    Free Member

Yale HSA6400 Wireless 4-Room Alarm Kit

£130 instead of £200

LINK

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Might buy one of these to protect the bike shed!

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Looks good but is it ok for insurance claims?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Not sure about insurance.

I have one, with both sirens in the house as no one around here gives a toss about alarms going off.

Installed one at my parents too, with external siren, as they have good neighbours.

The control panel is connected to the land line and will dial up 3 different numbers when activated. Obviously you need to protect the phone cable from being cut.

The IR sensors can be triggered if a large spider walks across it, so you need to find a solution if putting one in the garage or shed.

Pieface

Aren’t these the ones that interfere with Wi-Fi / are easy to block? The ‘Easy Fit’ ones use different wireless technoloy that reduces these issues I believe.

neilwheel
    Free Member

They don’t affect our wi-fi, mind you I don’t put it on at nights when we are in.

Do you have a source about the easy to block part Pieface?

Pieface

Not really, just reading the blurb for the latest model about having enhanced MHz tech or something. May have been just a Wi-Fi thing

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think if you put the control unit next to your wi-fi transmitter, baby monitor etc then you could have issues. As with most things a little bit of research would give the best performance.

Personally for the money and limited effort needed to fit one I’m not sure you could do much better.
    I’m happy to be corrected.

FWIW – We have a reinforced front door and anti-pry plates fitted to all windows.

footflaps

99% of their value is as visual deterrent, so as long as they don’t false alarm all the time, I don’t mind too much if they’re easily jammed….

Pieface

May as well just get the dummy box then

burko73

Still good to know if someone’s in your shed whilst you’re asleep in the house I guess!

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Seems good for the money, I’m in

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’ve been using one since we got broken into 3 months ago.

It’s a good system, easy to set up, not cheaply made like some. You can buy additional sensors and the like to upgrade easily too.

I have the garage rigged up too with a PIR and a door contact to stop the buggers breaking in whilst we’re asleep 10ft away again.

allthepies
    Free Member

I went for the Yale Smarthome system, again after a break-in a few months back.

Very good but more £££ than the model at Screwfix. Got it setup to sound a doorbell type noise in the house whenever anyone is detected in the garage anytime (including when alarm is deactivated). When in “away” or “night” mode then the siren will sound.

ross980
    Free Member

Aren’t these the ones that interfere with Wi-Fi / are easy to block? T

Using a signal jammer will set of the alarm iirc.

so as long as they don’t false alarm all the time,

Ours had a false alarm when we were on holiday. It was quite stressful getting a call from the home landline at 04:30 saying the alarm was going off whilst being hundreds of miles away. Fortunately our neighbours were understanding (and good enough to have a look round the garden). We left a key with relatives and I was able to disable the alarm remotely via the phone. Turns out it was the PIR in the garage, maybe a big spider? 😯

TheWrongTrousers

neilwheel
    Free Member

I fitted some fine plastic mesh around the garage PIR at my parents.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Yale wireless alarm at Screwfix.’ is closed to new replies.