Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 475 total)
  • PSA: XT M785 Brakes
  • slackman99
    Free Member

Just ordered a set of the new XT M785 brakes from Rosebikes. £135 for the pair posted. No rotors or adaptors, but i’ve already got those. Hoses will need swapping over, but a £65 saving over UK prices (CRC etc).

Surely can’t be bad?!

continuity
    Free Member

That’s stonking. Ordered some myself, with adapters.

Want another PSA from there? XTR BB for 16 quid.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

That is a brilliant price, think ill treat myself.

Cheers matey

vrapan
    Free Member

Bight a pair for 195 two weeks ago 🙁 oh well brilliant brakes

pottsathome
    Free Member

Just Went on and ordered new xtr s for 288 delivered awesome. Anybody want to buy a set of m785s now all silver ha

continuity
    Free Member

£100 posted? 😛

chakaping
    Free Member

ordered, cheers guv!

🙂

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Perfect timing – bottom bracket died this morning 😡
    I’ve decided that I prefer the feel of SLX’s to Hope Mini’s so I’ll soon be back to Shimano brakes on both bikes…

– thanks slackman 🙂

continuity
    Free Member

Only thing is, how do peole feel about two piece caliper of the new brakes vs one piece of the olds?

dlr

Unless im reading it wrong, these are set Euro way, ie other way round and cant be flipped? I guess you can swap the hoses over though? “Front wheel brake: left brake lever” “Rear wheel brake: Features as described under item no. 1769766-2, but right brake lever” very cheap if its just a hose swap required

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

you just got me into trouble with the wife, however i love you!!!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

How would these compare with Hope Tech X2s with regards to power and weight?

allyharp

how do peole feel about two piece caliper of the new brakes vs one piece of the olds?

What difference should we expect to find?

honourablegeorge

****. I can’t afford these. But they’re VERY cheap.

pottsathome
    Free Member

The main Thing you will notice between shimamo and hope brakes is when you pull the brake on with shimamo your bike comes to a stop

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

These are the opposite way round to our standard brakes right?

As in rear is right hand whereas it’s usually left?

Edit …… Just read the post above. I’d be shortening anyway so a swap is easy enough.

compositepro
    Free Member

A two piece calliper is stiffer

roddi18
    Free Member

What is the deal with the Ice-Tec alloy fin pads? They aren’t mentioned at all. Do they come as one piece with the pads?

nmdbase
    Free Member

Just emailed them about that, if they do I’m getting some

roddi18
    Free Member

I think i am right in saying they are included after reading up a bit. It’s attached to the pad itself. They can be used with either these ice tech finned pads or just standard pads

roddi18
    Free Member

Oh and if you ‘Like’ the ‘Rosebikes’ page on facebook you get 10 euros off of the order

chakaping
    Free Member

now he tells us

roddi18
    Free Member

Sorry pal. This is the first time i have ever used rose and remembered when ordering seeing a little advert for them on the sidebar on facebook. Sure enough i got the discount

hughjayteens
    Free Member

pottsathome – Member

The main Thing you will notice between shimamo and hope brakes is when you pull the brake on with shimamo your bike comes to a stop

PMSL. To be honest, I’ve been really impressed with the Hope brakes – not as much power as the Elixirs I had before but enough to stop whenever I need to and massively more modulation and ‘feel’. Mainly looking at these as a potential weight saving exercise and given the pricing and the demand for used Hope stuff, it’ll probably be a free swap.

sambob
    Free Member

SLX are 66 euros each! Absolute bargain.

continuity
    Free Member

eh? Xt’s are 63 euros. Pref that.

The old XT brakes had a single piece caliper, which means that when you compress the brakes your weakest point is the pads against the rotor.

With the new two piece caliper, the weakest point is the screws that hold the caliper together.

Follow?

Also, do we have a definete on which pads come with the brakes?

sambob
    Free Member

Got a link to those? I can only find the new SLX.

sambob
    Free Member

£66 and £63, not euros. No wonder i was confused. 😳

honourablegeorge

This pic makes me doubt the stand:

honourablegeorge

@continuity – 66 and 63 pounds, I’m seeing?

continuity
    Free Member

My mistake, i read his 66 euros as pounds.

Eight pounds a brake more.

continuity
    Free Member

Surely you could just put the bottom clips on the down tube, and the top one on the toptube?

phiiiiil

Do they sell just the brake calipers, rather than the whole lot? I can’t find any calipers on their own…

continuity
    Free Member

Forgive me for being rude, but isn’t it the new levers that are the awesome bit?

phiiiiil

How “new”? I already have some fairly recent XT levers that came with the brakes, but one of the calipers leaks and needs replacing.

Have XT levers changed much in the last year and a bit?

Rickos
    Free Member

Would I need special clamps to use ispec with shifters on these or is it just the shifter that has to be different? Makes a difference in what order I buy my new bits. 😀

P.S. And if anyone has a photo of how the ispec bits all go together that would be nice.

thebunk

gnnnn! Was going to upgrade in a few months time, not right now! How involved is the job of swapping the hoses round?

Rickos
    Free Member

If it’s anything like current Shimano it’s a doddle. You might want a set of olives and the end piece thing (forget it’s name) to make a proper job though.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one slackman99. Just ordered a set!
    (Couldn’t get the Facebook code to work, btw, so I’ve emailed them)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 475 total)

The topic ‘PSA: XT M785 Brakes’ is closed to new replies.