Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • PSA: Very Mucho Cheap Formula Brakesets
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Avid hoses are the same and avid 203 post mount fits without the tri align washers. Swap the hoses over ???

BlobOnAStick

?? No, the front one is too short for the UK set up – it won’t reach from the calliper (left fork leg) to the right hand side of the handlebars.

The levers are flip flop, so that don’t matter.

Edit 2: Thanks TS – I’ll look at the Avid stuff.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

goodridge do a hose kit for them too btw

TheSwede
    Free Member

Longer hoses with that deal too.

BlobOnAStick

Aye. I guess to be fair, the line lengths and adapter types are detailed – I just pressed the buy it button before measuring.

My grandfather is turning in his grave – “measure twice, buy once” or something like that. 🙂

Ben

Edit: I could always go for a European set-up, how likely am I to kill myself?

turboferret

I think I’m going to have the same issue, pretty certain I ordered the set with the 75/130cm hoses, don’t remember seeing 2 different options when I placed my order.

Swapping the hoses and buying one new sounds like the cheapest option.

Cheers, Rich

Notter
    Free Member

Going to look at fitting mine today but a cursory “hold alongside the current setup” last night the hoses will be too short. As others have said looks like they would be spot on for a Euro setup.

Considering the price paid for them it’s not exactly a massive inconvenience. I think I’ll be taking a full Goodrich hose option, still a huge saving!!

PS There was only one hose length option on the Ones as I remember, all of the different listings for the other model brakes contained a few choices.

Notter
    Free Member

PS looking at the updated offer page they’re now charging €210 for The Ones, whacked them up €60 for the next round of UK bargain hunters!

hoberinos
    Free Member

Got ‘The Ones’. Fitted last night (rear hose too short so bodged routing for now), just been out for a test ride.
    Without wanting to state the obvious – that is one seriously powerful brake!! Way way way more bite than the K18.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Fafed with bite point this morn. Got it really soon into the lever travel which is how I like it. Took out for a steep bed in and in no time at all they are back to where they were pre faf. Mega powerfull but I suppose I’m going to have to live with the bite point being very different to all my avids.

Dark-Side

Used mine around Llandegla today, once bedded in they are a seriously good brake. The hose length was perfect for me, though they neglected to put any caliper bolts in the box and also supplied an post to IS mount. I’m sure the set I ordered was supposed to be post to post.

On a seperate but related note I went into Sixty Nine Cycles in Chester today for an adaptor and said missing bolts and would recommend any local riders check it out. Nick couldn’t have been more friendly or helpful and it is a shining example of what a modern LBS should be. I won’t be using anywhere else in the future. His coffee machine should be working soon too!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Very Mucho Cheap Formula Brakesets’ is closed to new replies.