Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA – The Thick of It
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

…is back on tomorrow night. BBC2 and BBC HD channel at 21.45.

kimbers

already set on series record!

IHN

already set on series record!

Yep!

The trailer makes me smile, they’ve obviously had to find all the (very short) non-sweary bits 🙂

IHN

And I have to say, I’ve caught a bit of this over the ast few days on UK Gold:

The suits have dated, the storylines haven’t 🙂

warton
    Free Member

Can’t wait.

chakaping
    Free Member

Excellent news.

I’d also recommend Veep to anyone who didn’t catch it. Possibly even better and with Lorraine from Seinfeld and Buster from Arrested Development.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d also recommend Veep to anyone who didn’t catch it.

+1 It was very funny indeed.

IHN

Sir Humphrey: With Trident we could obliterate the whole of Eastern Europe!
    Hacker: I don’t want to obliterate the whole of Eastern Europe!
    Sir Humphrey: It’s a deterrent.
    Hacker: It’s a bluff. I probably wouldn’t use it.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes, but they don’t know that you probably wouldn’t.
    Hacker: They probably do.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes, they probably know that you probably wouldn’t. But they can’t certainly know.
    Hacker: They probably certainly know that I probably wouldn’t.
    Sir Humphrey: Yes, but even though they probably certainly know that you probably wouldn’t, they don’t certainly know that, although you probably wouldn’t, there is no probability that you certainly would!

🙂

shandcycles
    Free Member

Lorraine

Elaine.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m tired this morning.

big_scot_nanny

I am just watching this show for the first time, got them all off itunes, and it makes you look at the current cabinet re-shuffle in a whole different light. Fabulous!

Tucker is genius. “Fuckety Bye!”

luffy105
    Free Member

Very looking forward to this…

Have loved the yes minister series too. Great to see them again. It’s just so funny how the underlying stories are still so relevant.

somafunk

The Thick of It is the only tv series i’ve ever bought on DVD – I’ve lost count how many times i’ve watched it but it still makes me laugh.

A few choice quotes – top marks for swearing.

• Responding to knock at his door: “Come the f-ck in or f-ck the f-ck off.”

• Tucker’s Law (out-take from the Spinners & Losers special): “If some c-nt can f-ck something up, that c-nt will pick the worst possible time to f-cking f-ck it up cause that c-nt’s a c-nt.”

• Moaning about minister on the phone: “He’s about as much use as a marzipan dildo.”

• To a pair of rival advisors: “Laurel and f-cking Hardy! Glad you could join us. Did you manage to get that piano up the stairs OK?”

• Dressing down MP, Geoff Holhurst: “You’re so back-bench, you’ve actually f-cking fallen off. You’re out by the f-cking bins where I put you.”

• Commenting on Ben Swain’s disastrous Newsnight appearance: “All these hands all over the place! You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra.”

• Bollocking a communications department employee: “How much f-cking shit is there on the menu and what f-cking flavour is it?”

• Advising minister Hugh Abbot to keep up with the zeitgeist: “You’ve got 24 hours to sort out your policy on EastEnders, right? Or you’re for the halal butchers.”

• Note passed to assistant Jamie during meeting with blue-sky thinker Julius Nicholson: “Please could you take this note, ram it up his hairy inbox and pin it to his f-cking prostate.”

• Admonishing junior adviser Ollie Reeder to respect government property: “Feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw-at, you’re not on a punt

IHN

Malcolm: The anti-Tom brigade are just waiting for the first piece to fall. If you resign, it’s political f-ing Jenga. You will cause a landslide that will bury this Government. And you’ll keep the party in opposition until Daniel Radcliffe is advertising walk-in baths in the f-ing Peoples Friend

luffy105
    Free Member

“You take the p-ss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your c-ck! Then I’ll put some speakers up your a-se and put it on shuffle with my f-cking fist. And every time I hear something that I don’t like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!”

still one of my favourite lines…

somafunk

Ha-Ha…..Jamie was class, i loved the leaky fax machine episode.

Here’s a few jamie quotes here.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Somafunk – Thanks, just reduced the entire office to fits of giggles.

2tyred

Good article in the Observer at the weekend there, Andrew Rawnsley interviewing Armando Ianucci – here.

Its such a well-cast show, but with a government whose headline ideas for economic growth include a year-long conservatory-building free-for-all, it must be tough for the writers to come up with ideas of their own.

warton
    Free Member

the classroom scene… brilliant 🙂

epo-aholic
    Free Member

really enjoyed it but no Tucker! 🙁

Duggan

Yeah Tucker does make the show but I think he’ll be neutered a bit in this series.

I’m sure I read somewhere that they weren’t going to do another series but then after the whole coalition thing they realised they had just been gifted a whole series worth of material on a plate

nicko74

IHN, good episode, just watching that one now! Did you notice that the Prime Minister’s press secretary is called Malcolm?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA – The Thick of It’ is closed to new replies.