• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by boblo.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA: Shimano Deore 9spd mech £10 @ Halfords & others.
  • zeffir
    Free Member

Cheers!

chrism110
    Free Member

thanks!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    superstu
    Free Member

great shout, thanks OP!

mr_average
    Free Member

Wow! Thanks for that Jekkyl. Just reserved shifters and mech for an upgrade to the shonky 7sp stuff on the tandem.

delbii1
    Free Member

thank you, ordered some parts to pick up tuesday 🙂

momo

Thanks, shifter and mech reserved for MrsMomos bike so I can reclaim my XTR ones 🙂

sam3000

Fantastic!

robdob
    Free Member

Managed to secure some shifters and a front mech – thanks!

Only problem is that I don’t have a good track record with this sort of thing. Often they haven’t actually got the item in, it’s a stock level mistake. Nothing I can do about it, happened twice so far, but if it happens again I may raise it a bit further with halfords as I’ve wasted a lot of time going to pick stuff up that isn’t there. 🙁

superstu
    Free Member

Just had a call…stock mistake dont have the item despite reservation.
    Really annoyed…shouldn’t they check first

Insult to injury just got a text saying that they look forward to seeing me to pick up the item!

granny_ring

Thanks OP
    I’ve just had a text with res # so we’ll see if I get a phone call too saying they’ve got none left!

nbt

🙁

3 stores “local” to me – no shifters left, shifters, one has mechs, the on in the oppostite direction has the cheap £1.99 gear cable set – not sure I can be bothered doing a round trip to be frank 🙁

scottrider
    Free Member

Cheers OP, just got a rear mech as spare for cx bike.

andyl
    Free Member

as usual I got the “sorry they are not in stock” phone call. I do wonder how many times the staff see the reservation and then nab them for themselves.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks, got the last shifter pair! 🙂

thorpedo

Thanks, just collected from local store.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Thanks from me too. Manage to get a set of shifters and a rear mech. Reserved a front mech too but they couldn’t find it. Got British Cycling discount too, so £18 well spent!

momo

Reserved yesterday morning, have just had the “none in stock” phone call, still showing as available on the website 🙁

jonjones262
    Free Member

I reserved one at Derby Wyvern (Derby west had none in stock)

Went there, they couldn’t find any…

The guy gave me a free energy bar to say sorry for me travelling over there. he was sound actually. made a change form the usual “can’t be arsed” halfords shop-worker

He phoned Derby west and it turns out they did have one.

Drove over there to collect it! sorted!

Merak

Just picked my mechs mech and shifters up there. Genuine bargain many thanks OP. 😉

Rich_s

Just picked up shifters – full retail box including cables (after last week’s PSA about 1.99 cables).

Brilliant PSA Jekkyl, thanks!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Cheers, I needed a new left shifter and cables both sides – this was cheaper than cables and a s/h shifter off ebay!

Just reserved, local store had in stock, just collected with no issues!

mr_average
    Free Member

Just collected my shifters and mech no problem. From other posts it sounds like the stock control is a little ropey but if you are lucky this is a true bargain. Thanks again OP.

whatgoesup

Just picked up a set of shifters and mech from Daventry Halfords, that’s resurrected the “old stripped bike that really should be build back up”!

The chap at the parts counter was taken aback by the price – thanks OP!

mikey3
    Free Member

None within a million miles of where I live,great psa tho,well done anyone who got the deal.

boblo
    Free Member

Well I got the full set: shifters and front/rear ders. They were also selling Race Blades for £2! Oh, and I got my BB 10% discount. Ta. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Shimano Deore 9spd mech £10 @ Halfords & others.’ is closed to new replies.