Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • PSA Revelation White 15mm Remote now £270 at Merlin
  • smiff
    Free Member

and possibly around £9 Quidco also so around £261 total delivered.. quite a good price methinks.

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-rockshox-revelation-rlt-15mm-axle.html

Just after i got some delivered, ffs!
    BTW ParcelForce are cack, but i won’t go into that here.

Thought someone else might be after a pair 🙂
    Presumably clearing 2012 season stock already?

swingbing
    Free Member

Who is gonna pay an extra £100 to have theirs in black?

smiff
    Free Member

more like +£87 with discounts but yeah, you’d have to be too cool for white (maybe anticipating the next fashion, black forks?)

they come with two spacers btw, for 140 or 130mm.. i guess you can shim even lower if you want a reba that can later be long travel 🙂 (can Loco or someone confirm this is ok?).
    Reba RLT is now same price actually http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/frame-forks/forks-shocks/rockshox-suspension-forks/2012-rockshox-reba-rlt-forks-remote-lockout.html

D0NK

pity I’ve not got £270 burning a hole in my pocket…I’ll look down the back of the sofa

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nooooooooo, just paid £280 for some RLT Ti’s 2nd hand! Dam my impaitience! Ahh well they look fairly new so can’t complain too much.

smiff
    Free Member

heh i tried, can’t go linking all old Rev threads to this, bit spammy :p

apparently 2013 Revs aren’t coming in for a bit (not sure how long) so this isn’t a clearance as such, they just have too many white ones..

also these ones have serial numbers intact. last pair i bought from merlin years ago had the serial scratched out, bit weird.
    write down those numbers boys and girls, if nicked more likely to have fork come up than the frame, going by recent stories..

wisepranker
    Free Member

Very tempting.
    I’ll have to see how I get on with selling off a load of spares today to raise some money for a set of Revelations!

woody2000

Poploc only for that price though – how hard is it to turn then into the non-remote version, anyone know?

bigjim

also these ones have serial numbers intact. last pair i bought from merlin years ago had the serial scratched out, bit weird.

I think it is because they flog OEM kit rather than aftermarket – I don’t think the RLT are a true aftermarket option, RCT3 only is, but could be wrong.

smiff
    Free Member

yeah, they’re OE, warranty would be with Merlin not SRAM. no reason to doubt Merlin would honour this though?

converting to crown – just take the spring out of the damper and find some way to turn the top? or there are kits but i hate the price of those knobs.

off to buy some helitape for the legs.. those lovely, white, glossy legs mmm.

woody2000

I have an old pair of coil revs that are crown lockout, so wouldn’t need to buy owt I guess. Is it that easy, just disconnect a spring? Tempted now….. 🙂

swingbing
    Free Member

I bought a set a month ago btw. £45 punishment for impatience. Have spaced mine down to 130mm, easy job if a little nerve racking stripping a brand new fork.

Mine are white!

wisepranker
    Free Member

Out of interest, does anyone reckon there’s any better forks about at the moment with 130-150mm travel for this kind of price???

mrjmt
    Free Member

Or, for £50 more, you could have the XX world cup version

HarYuken
    Free Member

Typical – I paid £45 more last week 🙁 Was still a very good price though…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or, for £50 more, you could have the XX world cup version

QR lowers and the XX damper is apparently not all that good.

smiff
    Free Member

straight steerer on merlin’s.. in 2012, surprises me that this is still popular, suits me with old frames though.

afaik there’s no better fork at this level.. some may prefer coil, so you might like a Sektor or old Pike? not sure.

bland

Do merlin still have the 10% off if you sign up to their newsletter or whatever you had to do?

smiff
    Free Member

since they redesigned their site, the 10% is now automatic. no further discount unless you have your own voucher or use quidco/tcb etc..

wisepranker
    Free Member

Still works with Quidco.

bland

how does quidco work, never used a cashback site before, do they just pay you the cashback or is it a rigmarole that isnt worth bothering with?

proberts
    Free Member

I saw this but the 2011 ones got a few iffy reviews so I went for rct3’s from Germany

proberts
    Free Member

Bland- I’ve used topcashback in the past, I’m still waiting for £12 after spending nearly £500 at CRC…not worth the hassle in my opinion!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bland- I’ve used topcashback in the past, I’m still waiting for £12 after spending nearly £500 at CRC…not worth the hassle in my opinion!!

patience young padowan. It can take months for it to filter thru to payment but it does come through. I’ve had >£60 back this year (a mixture of lots of money spent at CRC, merlin, wiggle etc and referral fees which have occasionally been £10 a go). Its hardly a hassle!

smiff
    Free Member

i think Quidco is worth it for bigger purchases like this, if it tracks it pays out eventually (set your min payout to something sensible like £10 so you don’t lose it all in paypal fees). TCB is another newer one with very slightly better rates.

not much discussion on the fork then, they’re just the Best a man can get? 🙂
    I’ve never had to deal with Merlin for warranty, what are they like?

@proberts, this is 2012 with new damper and rebound, reviews are great. how much did you pay for your RCT3 then, best price in UK i could see was about £450, not worth £180 more than this for most people.. spend the money saved on a new front wheel and have money left over 🙂

proberts
    Free Member

I’ve got a lovely front wheel already cheers!… Yeah im kinda wishing I went for this deal now, maybe I can send the rct3 back for a refund?!!

proberts
    Free Member

I paid £420ish from bike24

D0NK

Merlin for warranty, what are they like?

good – the one time I’ve had to use it.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Oh well, I’ve ordered a set and they should be here tomorrow 🙂

Rich_s

Hmmmm, quite tempted by either the Rebas or the Revs. The quoted weights are v close between the 2 – has anyone got any insights into their actual weights?

Will be replacing a pair of Pike u-turn airs which are hefty blighters so I’m not that concerned, but it’d be nice to know what they actually were…

smiff
    Free Member

just weighed mine (Rev RLT): 1696g without maxle or remote, uncut

can anyone confirm if its ok to shim further than 130, presumably you gets lots of thread sticking out bottom of air side, but that’s ok? at what point does the damper hit something?

proberts
    Free Member

If anyone has seen any reviews on the 2012 rev RLT I’d be interested in the link pls

Cheers

honourablegeorge

smiff – Member
    just weighed mine (Rev RLT): 1696g without maxle or remote, uncut

can anyone confirm if its ok to shim further than 130, presumably you gets lots of thread sticking out bottom of air side, but that’s ok? at what point does the damper hit something?

130 is the limit, as far as I know

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Cheers for the PSA, I’m about to pull the trigger on a set, but before I do:

These will go on my Cotic, and when I last bothered to keep an eye on the latest kit (a good few years ago) I was gonna fit a 100-130 ml adjustable fork, to get the best out the frame. I’m guessing that the way things have gone with lightweight long travel in the last few years, no one is really doing adjustable forks in this travel range? Is this the case?

swingbing
    Free Member

I’ve read you can take them down lower, think it was Cy from cotic posting on here. It’d just mean sourcing some more spacers. Having had mine apart I can’t see a reason why not.

One of the experts will confirm I’m sure.

When I bought mine my internal justification went like this;

I can run them at 130.
    They have a 15mm maxle.
    If I change frame I have the option to drop or extend them.
    I can run a massive tyres if I want.
    I can service them myself with relative easy.
    If I get the itch for better damping, I can upgrade the damping circuit.
    Doubt I’ll notice the weight difference between these and reba’s.

Just my 2c.

smiff
    Free Member

^ swingbing pretty much my reasoning there too.. it’s just that 150 could do crazy things to handling, on any of my bikes. i’ll find out soon 🙂

thekingisdead, there’s a dual travel or whatever they call it option (lever changes between 150 and 120 i think for climbing), but not at this price, and reviews seem to be reliability is a problem and not to bother.

wisepranker
    Free Member

I posted this on another thread but got no response so thought I’d try here instead!

I’ve just ordered a set of the Revelation RLT’s from Merlin and can’t decide which bike to fit them to!

I’ve currently got a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR Comp which I took the original Revelations off and replaced them with a set of Fox 32 RLC TALAS.

I’m now building up a new model Cotic BFe and was originally planning on fitting the Revelations to this but would I be better with the Rev’s on the Stumpy and the Fox’s on the BFe???

Both forks are 15mm Maxle’s and both bikes have Hope Hoops fitted so I can fit them either way.

Any suggestions?

r17anm
    Free Member

Spoke to merlin yesterday about changing them to crown lockout and you cant apparently cos the cartridge is different. You can do away with the pop lock by capping it off on the crown which i will be doing

liquid1000
    Free Member

Yahooooooo set ordered nice one

Rich_s

Thanks for the tip and weights sniff. Order placed!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘PSA Revelation White 15mm Remote now £270 at Merlin’ is closed to new replies.