Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA – Quidco and car insurance
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

Just renewed my car insurance via Quidco.

Aviva are the insurer to look for (I think the deal finishes in a couple of days?) and got 20% off the insurance plus £80 cashback!

They were a good bit cheaper than my previous renewal quote anyway (and also a good bit cheaper than all other quotes I looked at).

All in, a group 17 car with 250bhp, NCB protection, fully comp etc comes in at £170!!!

Well worth a look.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wife’s is due soon I’ll keep my eye on that

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I needed mine for later in December so I just set the start date to suit. I think you can go 2 or 3 months ahead.

I checked it out for my wife too and hers (with the same fully comp, NCB protection etc) comes in a £77!!! (She has a brand new car too!)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Topcashback do similar deals as well. Got £60 cash back on a AA policy and took a £1 loan out with wonga and got £20 back

toby1

Well as for Quidco – it’s about 2 months since I took out my policy and I can see the ‘verified’ amount but I still can’t get to it, not a service I’d rush to use again!

scaredypants

they can take a little while to pay – very variable which makes me suspect it’s the retailer that’s dragging their feet

(slowest I’ve had was CRC 🙄 , though the summer’s car hire is about to beat them)

boblo
    Free Member

@Toby If you want ‘free money’ you’ll just need a little patience. Takes about 3 months for Aviva to payout. I just received my £80 cashback from one transaction and have just renewed Mrs Boblo’s insurance so in line for another £80 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Just got a quote, currently paying £700 for a Nissan X-TRAIL, Aviva quote £3400!!!! So yeah, they can do one

defaultslipper
    Free Member

More expensive for mine aswell, no legal cover, no courtesy car, excess for windscreen repairs, higher total excess than others and no european cover (all can be added, but already £150 more than the cheapest quote which includes all of these).

Will check out the cashback to see if any of the cheaper deals are on it.

Gribs

A few years ago I was insured with Aviva (well Norwich Union as it was then) and you’d have to pay me a lot more than £80 to insure with them again. I took about an hour on the phone to do a simple change of car so I dread to think what a claim would be like.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Quidco and car insurance’ is closed to new replies.