Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PSA – Photo Effects 8 is free (Windows or Mac)
  • dannybgoode

Spotted this on a photography forum:

http://www.ononesoftware.com/landing/pe8offer/

The offer says it is only good until 28 Jan but it worked fine for me yesterday. This is direct from the app developer so no worries about spam, viruses etc.

For those that don’t know PE8 can be used standalone or as a plug in to Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and Lightroom to apply some really rather nice filters to photos.

For free you may as well!

Note the only issue is that you need a meaty PC to run it – 64bit versions of Windows and a minimum 8gb memory. Don’t know about the Mac side as I don’t have one.

PJay
    Free Member

Thanks very much; it works for me too (allow I can’t get them to show as plugins in Photoshop Elements 12).

dannybgoode

It doesn’t show up under the normal plugins or filter bit on full fat PS but under the Windows tab on the menus.

Don’t know about Elements as I no longer have it…

footflaps

Just downloading.

I have LR5, so will see if it works with that.

PJay
    Free Member

I was looking under the Windows menu but it’s not showing. Photoshop Elements 12 is currently still only a 32 bit program under Windows, so I’m wondering whether it’s therefore incompatible with the 64 bit Perfect Effects (which works fine in stand alone mode).

dannybgoode

@PJ-could be it. To be honest the speed of full fat 64bit PS working on 80mb Tiff files (the Sigma DP2M produces insanely sized RAW files) is pretty mind blowing.

IMO the speed alone makes the subs cost worth it.

@ff-should do, works fine on LR5 for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Photo Effects 8 is free (Windows or Mac)’ is closed to new replies.