Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • PSA: One One Parkwood frames £79.99
  • coomber
    Free Member
    nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA (have they got a new model coming out?)

Do you know what headset you need for it?

ollybus
    Free Member

Looks like all their frames are in a 7 day sale

wwaswas

Trail Fatty is the same price

jekkyl

Good god that’s a great price for a brand new frame.

sq225917
    Free Member

FSA Orbit C-40 No.42 ACB Tapered Headset

There’s not a new model replacing it anytime soon, just a deal on a few frames this week.

honourablegeorge

How does the Parkwood get on with plus tyres?

coomber
    Free Member

They have a new 27.5 model but the geometry is really old school on it, not a fan.

No ideas if they have a new parkwood 29er coming out. It’s a tidy frame though. Rides nice.

Think the headset I bought was this:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/HSFSOC40ACB/fsa-orbit-c-40-no42-acb-tapered-headset

nemesis
    Free Member

£70 frame and £44 headset… 😆

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the FSA?

coomber
    Free Member

Think they had a picture with trailblazers and scraper rims but I’d not guarantee it. Is pretty roomy out the back.

coomber
    Free Member

Must be, I didnt pay that for mine. Sorry i’m not too sure on dimensions to check out alternatives though.

honourablegeorge

Hmm – just fine, it seems (assuming this is the same frame?)

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/bikes/mountain-bikes/parkwood-275-plus

wwaswas

This £14 one fits a Fatty Trail which is the same I think?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-headset-integrated-tapered-steerer/rp-prod130924

bigjim

No brainer at that price, really like my 29er

Are there any cheaper alternatives to the FSA?

Yes it’s just a standard headset size

theflatboy
    Free Member

Actually while we’re on that headset, I have the same one in my roadbike and want to get a blingier one for no reason other than that I’m a tart. Anyone know if CK do a version for that size/standard – I’m finding it hard to navigate the world of such things.

dogthomson

£15 headset here at Wiggle.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    wilko1999
    Free Member

Luckily I can’t access the On-One site to get caught up in a buying frenzy like I did on the PSA: Formula R0 Brakeset thread

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Actually while we’re on that headset, I have the same one in my roadbike and want to get a blingier one for no reason other than that I’m a tart. Anyone know if CK do a version for that size/standard – I’m finding it hard to navigate the world of such things.

I don’t think they do, I don’t think Hope do either, it’s not really a headset, just the bearings, top and bottom races, and a cover on the top. However the bearings are the same as some headsets, IIRC Hope bearings will fit. Whether a Hope crown race forms a decent seal against the headtube is a different matter.

King won’t fit for sure, as their USP is that the bearings are pressed into the cups.

I’m finding it hard to navigate the world of such things.

IS 42 / 28.6 – IS 52.2 / 39.8

IS = integrated
    42/28.6 outer/inner diameter of the upper bearing
    52.2/39.8 outer/inner diameter of the lower bearing

Or a ‘normal’ 1.1/8 headset would be in the new nomenclature
    EC 34/28.6 – EC 34/30
    EC – external cups
    34 = headtube diameter
    28.6 = 1.1/8″
    30= the little lip at the bottom of your fork steerer

Or a 44mm headtube with a 1.1/8 fork
    ZS 44/28.6 – ZS 44/30
    ZS = zero stack

smokey_jo

bugger i’ve got a pair of rigid forks and some 29er wheels which will soon be spare – i don’t need anymore soddin bikes!

JackHammer

Looking at some of the cheap frames for SS commuter. Do the roadie type ones pictured with a fork actually come with a fork?

hooli

That’s a give away

theflatboy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    if CK do a version for that size/standard – I’m finding it hard to navigate the world of such things.

I don’t think they do, I don’t think Hope do either

Cool, ta – that was pretty much my conclusion.

Stoner
    Free Member

JH – if it says “Frameset” rather than just Frame, then yes, I’d expect its an F&F bundle.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&c=103&p=1786&tb=001

Some nice and light, full carbon rigid forks for over twice the cost of the frame?

lankystreakofpee

Ooh more special offers when I clicked the link!

Flash sale – Pod Deluxe Stuffsac Only £4.99 Was £4.38

Awesomes! 🙂

honourablegeorge

theflatboy – Member

Hope do the type 3 upper which is the same – and the new type 7 (I have a 3 here that I#m about to send back, my last needed a Type 7). Both are IS41, but the 7 is what they call a “Campy style” IS41, has a taller cover

Northwind

That’s cheap enough that it’s even tempting me, Chief H8er. Consider going up a size btw, they’re pretty stubby. I’ve seen one locally with 2.8 Nics in it, apparently it’s fine for mud clearance.

andyl
    Free Member

Anyone compared these to a Scandal 29er, both running 100mm forks (Brant said 100 would be fine in an old topic)?

Friend is having my 16″ Scandal but wondering if this would be a bit more modern geometry as it looks a good few degrees slacker.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Still wouldn’t touch it 🙂

faustus

I have a parkwood and a scandal 29er frame, and the scandal is a fair bit steeper and chainstays are 444mm to the parkwood’s 435mm…so will feel a fair bit different.

I really like the ride of my parkwood, i know some say it is ‘old school’ and really short, but it’s not quite that bad. It is very capable and versatile, and i’m pretty tempted by a spare one for £80, i just don’t need one!

nemesis
    Free Member

I’d get one if they did an XL… Shame.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

JH – if it says “Frameset” rather than just Frame, then yes, I’d expect its an F&F bundle.

I’ve always wondered if framesets come with the headset and if so, is it fitted?

wwaswas

I’ve always wondered if framesets come with the headset and if so, is it fitted?

and a crown race?

renton
    Free Member

Christ that makes my lightly used one worthless !!

Northwind

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member

Since it’s on one, it does come with a headset, it’s just that they fitted it to the BB shell.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Just scrolling through their site and noticed a tasty hardcore frame. What’s this Deedar? They kept that one quiet.

Stealth dropper routing
    12×142
    Nice and slack

http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/bikes/mountain-bikes/on-one-deedar

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROODD27/on-one-deedar-275-steel-hardtail-frame

coomber
    Free Member

Thread somewhere on the dedar

It’s not “that” slack and not very long.

dudeofdoom

This £14 one fits a Fatty Trail which is the same I think?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-headset-integrated-tapered-steerer/rp-prod130924

Yep I’ve used one in a v2 parkwood frame … I think it was an interference fit thou but no big issue.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thread somewhere on the dedar

It’s not “that” slack and not very long.

It’s a bit weird that they got the Codeine 650b geometry so right but haven’t gone as progressive with any of their other frames.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘PSA: One One Parkwood frames £79.99’ is closed to new replies.