Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • PSA: On One Fatty Trail Frame £84.49
  • jonjonjon3
    Free Member
    wwaswas

thanks for that 🙂

Lester
    Free Member

thanks for that

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

OMG! t.o.t.a.l.l.y. f.a.t. c.u.r.i.o.u.s.

Must resist… I have 11 bikes already… 😳

That is a deal though..

It’s even quite an attractive looking thing – which is saying something for O-O – and it’s aluminium! 😯

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

And Floaters are in the 35% liquidation sale, so that would be a pair for less than 35 quid.

Days after I bought a pair for £50…

Lester
    Free Member

send them back for a refund and buy 2 more

scotroutes

Is that Planet X On One gone under then? Just wondering how it can be a liquidation sale if they’re still in business. I thought that was what happened when companies went bankrupt.

Drac

It’s Stock Liquadation not the company.

£650 for a fatty. 😯

grahamt1980

Hugely tempted to buy a frame and wheels to stick in the garage for when i want to try a fat bike

eltonerino
    Free Member

Was tempted, but the trail is designed for the £400 bluto…
    It works out cheaper to buy the x5 version.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Lester- it’ll cost me 15 quid to post em back they are so heavy 😉

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

£650 for a fatty.

Just price correcting now that there’s competition tbh. Probably not quite there yet tbh, I think it’ll either settle permanently at about £600 (*), or get discontinued.

(* always “on discount” of course)

Lester
    Free Member

@ crash test monkey
    i thought planet x had a £4.50 return deal with collect plus?
    sorry 🙁

ajantom

Actually £585 for an X5 Fatty!

*repeats ad nauseam* I don’t need another bike, I don’t need…..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Possibly, you’re obviously more on it than me. Will have a look, ta.

650 is for the Fatty with carbon fork, which is decent, but that’s still 250-300 more than a new Wazoo, how much is a pair of carbon forks?

Retrodirect
    Free Member

frames showing at £130 now. Not that I need another bike.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Retro, takes 35% off listed price at basket with the code (seems to apply automatically).

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

how much are rigid fatty forks?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why isnt the large blue in the offer!

Gray ordered anyway. Will give them a call in the morning see if the blue is a mistake.

Planning to transfer over my fatty bits for the time being and save up for a bluto and hope hubd wheelset, chinese carbon or (dt) swiss aluminium?

stuey
    Free Member

? There’s two different Fatty Trails frames showing – are the cheaper ones different? – (didn’t their first run need an extra wide bb/chainset to clear the stays? )

matty456
    Free Member

Is a bargain though. If I hadn’t already bought a wazoo I’d buy one.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a difference, when the psa first poped up there were 2x X5 full builds at different prices but i guess one was a mistake as it dissapared quickly.

Speaking of standards, is there anything other than the FSA headset that fits?

cp

I assume px have a big bill to pay, not surprising after their recent big expansion of brands/stock.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some bargainous Challenge tyres on there as well…

damascus
    Free Member

I’ve been watching the Tomac Montezuma frame and fork with an rrp of £999 yoyo in price since before Christmas. It was down to £599 at Christmas, then settled at £699. Just before they release this code they put it up to £899 so with the code it’s £584.

So really it’s only £15 quid cheaper. It’s not a liquidation sale, more a realistic price for px products.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not a liquidation sale, more a realistic price for px products.

I sort of agree. For non-PX own brand stuff, though, there are some bargains.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 CFS, and you roll the dice buying or waiting for another code and risking em selling out. If you race CX with tubs theyve got some top tyres at bargain prices, I bought some Challenge CX clinchers and they sold out before the codes.

Rrp on their own stuff are notional, like DFS or their hero Sports Direct.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

That’s a handy PSA. Just saved myself a few pounds on a couple of WTB tyres.
    Happy days!

wwaswas

They’ve put the price on the trail fatty up so the discount brings it down to what it was before.

Maybe they meant to do that before the code went out?

Cancelled orders anyone?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone used the Challenge Fango Tubs?

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TBCHFA33/challenge-fango-33-700c-tubular-cyclocross-tyre

£37 quid an end after the code, any good?

eddie11
    Free Member

i like challenge tubs. i have used their limus mud tread happily for a number of seasons. i have not used a fango but understand the internet consensus is its ‘alright’ but not much different to a grifo.

To note: challenge used to have a bad quality control reputation. they are now much better. However, last time i bought a challenge tub from planet x, guess what? it was very very old stock and it had bad QC problems! id be buying from hargroves or wiggle who you know have new stock.

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Just wish they had some of the fatty frames still for sale! 🙁

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOFATV2/on-one-fatty-v2-frame

Lester
    Free Member

@ officer friendly

what size are you after

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Thanks Eddie

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Hi Lester, I’m after a small (:

Lester
    Free Member

sorry O F i cant help you there, have you tried the fat bike selling page on facebook?

jonjonjon3
    Free Member
    AlexSimon

That Viner CX bike for £974 with Rival CX1 HRD seems pretty good value!

dlr

Can someone give a valid reason not to buy a fatty trail in this sale and chuck on some 4″ jumbo jim or similar lighter tyres? Never ridden a fat bike, might be slow, sound fun…plus watching this video has made me hungry http://www.pinkbike.com/news/eddie-masters-gets-fat-video-2015.html

Lester
    Free Member

there is no valid reason not too 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘PSA: On One Fatty Trail Frame £84.49’ is closed to new replies.