• This topic has 50 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by dux.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • PSA – Nook E-reader £29 inc shipping and VAT
  • bentandbroken

Wary of posting this as my last PSA was ‘shot down in flames’

However, The Nook Simple Touch is currently on offer for £29.00. Many shops have run out, but the Nook website is still accepting orders and shipping is free 🙂

Crosses fingers……

gazc
    Free Member

cheers just ordered one, will be great for hols/bike tours without worrying about losing/breaking a more expensive kindle! 🙂 also found this software looks good for converting file formats from my current books http://www.calibre-ebook.com/

willard

Yup, another purchaser here, as well as several people in the office. Hopefully we’ll be lucky…

Bucko

Are they backlit? I can’t work out what they mean by ‘Glowlight’…

soma_rich
    Free Member

Can you buy books from Amazon and get it to sync? Is it WiFi enabled?

Bucko

Ah, it’s not backlit. The disclaimer at the bottom about battery life and memory etc mentions Glowlight but that’s for a model for £70

willard

No idea. It’s just cheap and perfect for taking on holiday. Or into town. Or on a bus.

lunge

You have just cost me £30. Lets see if its any good.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I got one, seems like a steal 🙂

bentandbroken

Phew 😀

willard

You got confirmation of yours shipping too then?

andyl
    Free Member

Will this display the STW mag okay? Keep borrowing the OHs Kindle to read it as if I try and read it on my laptop I get distracted 😀

coxy17
    Free Member

Orderd,,i have a kindle this will stop Mrs c from stealing my kindle

MikeG

well I’ve just had my order cancelled, apparently there was a problem with my payment (no idea why, credit card only used online plenty of credit) so had to go through a live chat session where I was told the order was fine and I’d receive it in 3 days then suddenly there were ‘technical difficulties’ and they’ve cancelled the order. Worried about my card I’ve phoned the bank, apparently there’s no problem or suspicious activity?

steveoath
    Free Member

FYI – the nook (I have the glow light one) reserves most of its internal memory for Barnes and Noble ebooks.

It does, however, have an SD slot that you can add books to.

Calibre is a must for loading on books acquired elsewhere.

bentandbroken

No confirmation email for me 🙁 But I do have an order ref and have not seemingly had my order cancelled either 🙂

@Steveoath – Thanks for that 🙂 I admit that finding out that there was an SD card slot was a deal clincher for me, but I was not expecting it to be quite so vital!

willard

I had an order cancelled too for the same reason (from a purchase without creating an account first) and, as you can’t log in to track the order of question it, it’s effectively dead now. The second time came from a logged in account and seems to be going through just fine.

If I get a second one, it’ll go on the classifieds.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Bought 5 through PC world. Nook website was being uncooperative when it came to credit card

MikeG

I’ve now got a ‘scheduled to ship’ email on a second order, like Willard I checked out on the first order as a guest but created an account the second time – same card as well.

phiiiiil

Heh. I ordered one without creating an account, it didn’t work either, so I signed up for a proper account and tried again and it worked. I assumed I just typed something in wrong, maybe not…

bentandbroken

Question for those that had a problem: I ordered online without creating an account. I got an order reference number, but have still not received a confirmation e-mail. Is this the same as you found when you tried to order without creating an account or did you not even get an order number?

Trying to contact Nook for info is not going well, the online chat is not working and the e-mail address for support is being rejected 🙁

I really don’t want to place a second order as I really don’t want two as I am not sure how easy they will be to sell as lots of people will be trying to flog them for a profit in the next few weeks, but I don’t want to miss out 🙁

unovolo
    Free Member

Just ordered 2 ,have had a play on these in the states and prefer them to the Kindle.

phiiiiil

Heh. I (and presumably everyone else) just got an email saying that they have now fixed the problem with buying one without setting up an account so I could go back and try again.

For a horrible second I thought it was going to say “…so your order will be on its way as soon as possible”, leaving me wondering what I would do with two of the things…

wwaswas

They’ve started cancelling orders due to having no stock in the uk according to bitter wallet.

bentandbroken

Still nothing from them and still no way of contacting them. Credit card company say nothing has been deducted from my account.

Looks like I have lost out. Wonder if I can buy one at cost from someone who bought 5 😉

phiiiiil

Last night I got an email saying “your nook will be shipped shortly” and then shortly after that another email saying “sorry, we cocked up that too, we’re out of stock so cancelling your order, buy the more expensive one instead, we’ve got loads of those!”.

Back to the old fashioned paper versions for me then.

MikeG

They are a bunch of muppets. I reordered and paid for ‘next day delivery’ as we will be away next week – hence trying to use an alternative delivery address on my original cancelled order.
    Got a shipping email on thursday but looking at the tracking info they only got the readers to ups (in the netherlands) on friday.
    They aren’t responding to emails and i can’t initiate a chat session. no doubt ups will have returned them by the time we get back – ups will only talk to me once they have made one delivery attempt so I can’t even ask them to hold the package.

m0rk
    Free Member

My wife tried and failed

Picked it up from very.co.uk for the same price

phiiiiil

The case I ordered for the now cancelled nook turned up today.

!*&#!

They should have saved everyone lots of aggro by just saying “please go buy a kindle”…

Cferg
    Free Member

Has anyone received one of these after ordering ? Considering cancelling order with Nook and picking one up at Asda / Argos for the same price.

fd3chris
    Free Member

As above,Very has them in and I have an order confirmation.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

bentandbroken has a reputation for rubbish PSAs

bentandbroken

CharlieMungus – bentandbroken has a reputation for rubbish PSAs

🙁

soma_rich
    Free Member

So has anyone got one yet?

drlex
    Free Member

Nope – same experience as phiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil – sequence of contradictory emails and then nothing. Relieved, as had been suffering PSA-remorse, due to overdue (& forgotten) bills.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

All five arrived today.

They are really nice, wifi, touch screen, good size. You should get one. Bargain at £29!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Mine should be here next Friday!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you again for your purchase. We want to provide you with an update on your order. Due to overwhelming demand for NOOK® Simple Touch, you should expect to receive your device by Friday, 17 May. We are working hard to get you your NOOK as soon as possible and will email you parcel tracking information once your order has shipped.

Thank you for your patience,

The NOOK Support Team

unovolo
    Free Member

I got the same email reply as “Soma_rich” earlier today so hopefully all good come next friday.

tonyplym
    Free Member

Me too – supposedly by next Friday.

bentandbroken

A colleague got the same email today as well. Still nothing for me though 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Nook E-reader £29 inc shipping and VAT’ is closed to new replies.