Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA – mod your M770 XT pods to work like an XTR
  • 18bikes

Having seen this link yesterday, figured it was worth a go – just modded my RH shifter in 15 mins, works as it says.

Basically, it gets you the 2 shift finger release featured on XTR, by cutting a bit of plastic from the lower housing cover. Looks like Shimano use some similar parts, so have to block off the extra shift with the bit of plastic.

Usual warnings – not an official mod, warranty void, you might cock things up, it’s not my fault etc…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hi 18. If you are a member of that forum too, I don’t suppose you could get the guys pics and re-publish them on here?

clubber
    Free Member

Just join 🙂 mtbr is worth being a member on as it’s got loads of info and as you’re finding non members can’t see the pics

Mike
    Free Member

I know what I’ll be doing later 😉

DickBarton

Joining MTBR?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Or look it up on the Facebook (18 Bikes’s Wall has a link).

18bikes

Just register – but here’s the important 2. Here’s the lower cover as standard;

18bikes

you cut that L bit off – to leave this.

Drac

But it doesn’t say XTR on it, no good for many on here as the bike leans against the Café wall for all admire whilst they sup the Mongoose shit coffee talking about gear ratios and semi-slicks.

18bikes

And it won’t have the same bearings/slick feel either – but I reckon it’s still a nice tweak to the XT

steve_b77
    Free Member

A fine idea if ever I saw one, stealth sub-standard XTR for the masses 😈

Andituk
    Free Member

Stupid question having never used XTR shifters: Whats the difference?

clubber
    Free Member

If you’ve done this mod then only that they feel a bit nicer – they don’t actually shift better.

Possibly a fraction lighter too

misterfrostie
    Free Member

I’ll be doing mine later.Was most disgruntles with my XT to find that they didn’t shift 2 in one sweep as the description of them suggested they did. Shifting 2 gears in one go is quality when you’re racing your mates.

martinxyz
    Free Member

You misunderstood what they were trying to explain to you/selling you.Read it again and compare xtr features back to back with your own.

18bikes

Multi release = the trigger lever can release cable to give one or two shifts. Only on XTR, but the above mod give this to M770 XT too.

2 way release = the trigger lever can move in either direction, so you can use thumb or finger for that shift. Now standard on everything deore and above afaik.

Si

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve already got a XTR shifter 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA – mod your M770 XT pods to work like an XTR’ is closed to new replies.