Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • PSA Lidl HRM £14.99 – works with Strava!
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

How do I know that? I’m sitting at my desk at work and Strava tells me my HR is 71 bpm.

now 69

now 67

now 68.

Phew! I’m glad HRM and heart seem to be working – this evening will involve testing it while exerting myself bicycle-wise. Could be the best £14.99 I’ve spent in a while.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Excellent shout. Thanks.

jeff

bought a pair!

njee20
    Free Member

You’re getting a live feed from Strava?

Edit: phone app I’m guessing, as you were.

Deveron53
    Free Member

My phone display is on the Strava ‘record a ride’ screen and the HRM bit is showing…

EDIT: as I was!

AlexSimon

Is there a link or anything?
    Wrist? Chest? Bluetooth?

Sundayjumper

Bluetooth according to the bit that says “Bluetooth Heart Rate Belt” on the website.

CLICKY FOR THE HARD OF CLICKING

AlexSimon

Cheers for the link, I could only find food offers when I went to their ‘this week offers’. Now I see it.

cjr61

Excellent I’ll be experimenting with Heart Rate Variability apps later today then!

Muke
    Free Member

Are the Softshell Jackets any good ?

markshires
    Free Member

Anyone tried to connect one to a garmin 810 yet? on the thread last week it sounded like it wouldn’t work, so didn’t get one.

I got a softshell jacket, it feels and looks pretty good for the money, however I haven’t used it yet.

iamtheresurrection

It looks like you can’t order online, or check stock in a local store. Am I being a thicko?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

There is no way of ordering online or checking stock in the local store. Our local store had around 80 of the things left.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone tried to connect one to a garmin 810 yet? on the thread last week it sounded like it wouldn’t work, so didn’t get one.

Edge 810 doesn’t do Bluetooth Smart, so no. You can connect one to an Edge 1000 though – so why not save money on HR straps by upgrading to an Edge 1000?

CraigW
    Free Member

The Edge 1000 has Bluetooth Smart, but that is only for connecting to a phone. It won’t connect to a Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor.

njee20
    Free Member

You’d best disregard my advice then. I see it has the hardware (unlike the 810), but not (yet) the software.

cjr61

Out of interest for those physiology/sports science orientated readers these don’t work with HRV apps! Oooops

mav12
    Free Member

do you need to go premium for the heart rate part to show on strava

AlexSimon

mav12 – I was wondering the same thing. I can see a few riders with HR showing, but I can’t see any ‘premium’ logos by their name or anything, so for the moment, I’m assuming so.

iamtheresurrection

I’ve just picked one up from Swalwell, Gateshead. Still quite a few there.

Lady on the checkout told me to keep my receipt for a three year warranty. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Certainly using a Garmin you don’t need to be premium in order to get HR working, although you do get more metrics if you’re premium – custom zones etc. Can’t see why it would be different on the app – I imagine if you’ve got a HRM it’ll work, premium or not. Ditto cadence, power etc.

pictonroad

I’ve bought one but the Italian is printed over the English in the book of words.

Other than turning on Strava and being sweaty am I missing anything? It seems to just work.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Just got mine.
    Hoping that it works with Adidas ‘micoach’ app 😮

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How do I know that? I’m sitting at my desk at work and Strava tells me my HR is 71 bpm.

now 69

now 67

now 68.

Well, you don’t seem to be that excited about it!! 😉

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Yes, works a treat with micoach.
    Cheapest rival was decathlons at 30 quid.
    Bargain of the month? 🙂

Deveron53
    Free Member

I couldn’t get my Bluetooth to ‘see’ it and I tried to get mapymyride to autodetect but nothing seemed to be happening. I was getting worried!

Then I turned Strava on, selected the HRM setup and it suddenly appeared with my current heart rate.

Testing it on a ride tonight. I expect to see a LOT of new HRM users on Strava from now on…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’ve just picked one up from Swalwell, Gateshead.

Did they have an workstands left?

geoffj

Picked up one of the helmets for Mrs J. £10 with a rear light is a bargain.

Simon

Got my Lidl HRM working with Strava on my Moto G once I realised you need to be wearing the hrm for the phone too see it.

I used it on my commute this morning and I’ve got some stats to look at but how can I the HRM as a training aid whilst riding?

fasthaggis

£25 for the work stand 😯 …brilliant.

Some top tips.
    You can add some big jubilee clips around each side of the swivel adjuster(because they are plastic and a bit rubbish) ,then you can pre-tension the clamp ,which makes them hold bikes in position better.
    You can also put a bit of wet n dry fine paper underneath the clamp area to increase the grip.
    I also put a spacer tube under the wing nut adjuster so that it’s away from the main clamp and easier to use.

muggomagic

Lidl Chichester had plenty of HRMs and a few workstands available at 8am this morning. There are 5 less freshly baked jam doughnuts now though.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Plenty of HRM’s at the Exeter Lidl..

HRM is listed as being for Android 4.3 onwards, and doesn’t seem to want to connect to my lowly 4.1.2 Sony Xperia… either that or I have no pulse. Do I somehow need to update my phone to android 4.3?

kcal

Picked up HRM this a.m. in Elgin. Quite a few work stands as well, and soft-shell jackets..

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Sadly it doesn’t work with my Motorola Defy + Phone I use for strava-ing.
    It has the wrong version of bluetooth

eviljoe
    Free Member

@yourguitarhero- I think we need android 4.3 or higher to make it work 🙁

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Cheers, will pick one up.

Now I just need to find some sort of waterproof case for my phone.

andeh

SO…..do you need Strava Premium to add heart rate data?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

No.

kcal

A quick experiment earlier indicates not – Free is fine for HR data – but I’ll do a full session and see if it records and uploads.

andeh

Cheers Kcal

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘PSA Lidl HRM £14.99 – works with Strava!’ is closed to new replies.