Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PSA: Lidl Compressors Back on 18th September
  • Nobby
    trail_rat
    Free Member

As an aside . Just cause its in lidl doesnt mean its cheap. In the past these have had restrictive hoses , restrictive connections . Odd connections meaning you need cross overs and neither of those compressors can drive half those accessories listed.

Oh and they are usually deafening.

Fine for inflating tires and blowing water off things after washing- im sure thats what most stw owned compressors do during life.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My Aldi one won’t run the windy gun that they sold along side it. Nailer thing is okay (but I’ve never used it in anger!)

Pumping up and blowing off (fnar fnar) is all it gets used for.

hot_fiat

Flinking blip. Who, domestically, needs an air needle scaler? The last time I used one of those the workpiece had 12 wheels, weighed over 100 tons and burned coal.

skellnonch
    Free Member

I’ve got an Aldi one, I used it to spray the units inside my van, didn’t do a bad job, but other than that – very much this:

Fine for inflating tires and blowing water off things after washing- im sure thats what most stw owned compressors do during life.

andyl
    Free Member

I wonder if the 50L one is a 3hp V one? tbh I have come to the same conclusion as above for the smaller one. At least they are cheap and good for occasional home use, just no good for what I need them for.

Might pick up the tyre inflator solely just for the digital gauge though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ghetto tubeless inflator, it’s all you need.

bonchance
    Free Member

Agreed. Ghetto is all you need. Still surprised no firm has offered a vessel and track pump combo .. Proper valve head etc..?

Big-M
    Free Member

You can pick up compressors from Screwfix for £90 year round.

Link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lidl Compressors Back on 18th September’ is closed to new replies.