Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA: Lidl : Cheap sport glasses Update
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Fit well, light and dont look too spoddy – on sale today in a Lidl near you:) You get 4 sets of changable lenses, a cleaning cloth and a rope. all for £3.49 – these two were large ones – fit my head fine – not sure if they have other sizes as in a bit of a rush commutin to work 🙂 They als come in metalic blue, black, silver and graphite I think. Sorry iphone pics 🙁

grumm
    Free Member

Not doing them at my local Lidl 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry iphone pics

Don't be! I've seen LOTS worse on here taken with cameras costing hundreds! 🙂

Thanks for the PSA, I might nip and get some of those after some toe-rag half-inched my last ones.

Drac

sale today in a Lidl near you

Nope.

foxyrider
    Free Member

sale today in a Lidl near you

Nope.

Sorry that was sort of a joke Drac 🙂

PP – was an iphone pic but I did postimage processing in Photoshop 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

>Fit well, light and dont look too spoddy

In your opinion 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

They do look a bargain. Just a shame there's no way they'll fit my apparently freak like head 🙁

cookeaa

I had a trip to Aldi a few weeks back and got one of their “winter cycling jacket” in snazzy red, And a pair of their winter cycling gloves, so cheap I though I may as well try them…

Both have gash looking logo’s on them but for the money they are not bad value really…

The jacket keeps the worst of cold and moderate showers out, it claims to be breathable, I’m not too sure I’d quite agree, but this time of year I’m not overheating in it…

Considering I was looking at spunking £80-100 on an Endura jacket before, £15 even if it’s not perfect and looks a bit shit but does the job seems pretty good value to me, think I’ll be spending some of the difference on base layers… might leave the Endura purchase till the summer when it’s cheapest…

I think the gloves were £5, I’m quite impressed with them on a cold morning they keep the cold out but aren’t so thick you can’t feel anything, and the gel palm is actually quite comfy, they may be a touch narrow but I can get them on ok and they’re comfy to ride in.

Brand name kit isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, I think a bit of supermarket own brand stuff can help keep the cost of cycling in check…

foxyrider
    Free Member

joolsburger – I was looking into those but why bother when you can get the lidl ones (if your store is nearby 😉 for £3.45 ? 🙂

I am not forcing anyone to buy these allthepies – Don't really give a poo if you do or don't – just thought people might wanna bargin 🙂

I have bought their socks, winter jackets and some cheap sport tops before and yes they are not "stylish" but they are functional 🙂

Drac

Sorry that was sort of a joke Drac

No, there not for sale at any near me.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Is that request Drac? 😉

smartiekid
    Free Member

Foxy®ider: If you put an Oakley sticker across the nose bridge, most of the fashionista's would pay £80+ at the drop of a hat, but because of lidl and £3.50 everyone think's they're crap.

I nipped in before work and got 4 pairs, they're a bargain and do the job!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry still doesn't beat £3.50 binners 😉

These are cheaper though, infact free from Sainsburys ATM:

Drac

Is that request Drac?

Nope.

tinsy
    Free Member

lol foxy.. will popping into lidl for another pair, my old ones not sure if lidl or aldi still going strong, but could do with spares and pair for the nipper…

atlaz
    Free Member

Two more pairs for me then. I lose/break a lot of glasses.

haddock
    Free Member

Damn! just been to Lidl to get floor cleaner, got to go back now 🙂

29erKeith
    Free Member

Just bought 3 pairs 😀

mainly 'cos i seem to loose the buggers all the time

haddock
    Free Member

Where from? my Lidl didn't know what I was talking about, what part of the country are you in? – non in Hull! 😥

foxyrider
    Free Member

Go here and type in your postcode and it will tell you what specials are in your local lidl 🙂

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091105.index.ar6

haddock
    Free Member

Just a load a seasonal looking plants and some 'snowboarding' jumpers 😥

organic355
    Free Member

I just went and had a look, mine had lost of pairs, tried some on, looked like a dork, didnt buy them. The snowboarding thermals and socks looked good tho, may have to go back and get them.

Pook

Haddock, did you ram a bar end up their crack in anger at all??

haddock
    Free Member

No I foolishly went to Aldi in case there had been a slight mix up over which store. 🙄 Might have known Hull would be excluded from this offer, grumble, grumble. 😥

Pook

oh you just reserve that for me then eh

👿

foxyrider
    Free Member

I did say in my post that I didn't think they looked "too spoddy" – wanted them for winter off road and road riding – not for summer bling 😉

GlenMore
    Free Member

I bought a set of these glasses once and almost immediately binned them. The "lenses" are nothing more than a crap piece of moulded plastic and are not optical corrected in any way. It was actually giving me sore eyes just using them.

However, some of the Aldi/Lidl stuff has been fine. I have a "softshell" type jacket which has survived a couple of winters and a load of their socks. Watch out for anything with a zip though – they can be really shoddy and can cease to function after a handful of uses.

DezB
    Free Member

I wear mine (they were Lidl or Aldi, not sure which) for most riding. Funny, a little while ago a few riders were complaining when we went from brightness into dark trees that they couldn't see properly. My Lidldi lenses were perfect.
    When it will cost me £20 to just replace the lenses in my Rudy Projects (£17 from Ebay), I don't see the point, will just use these.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Perhaps I don't look enough at what I am riding to notice about crapy optics – I did one descent recently wearing my Oakley Fives – Big mistake – the descent was tree lined and gnarley – could see for sh!t – can't believe I made it – riding by feel – tiz the way to go 🙂

jimmy

Alright, they have them at mine. I have no idea where it is. They also have this if I make it there;

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091105.p.Grow_Your_Own_Organic_Mushrooms_Kit.ar1

foxyrider
    Free Member

It tells you on the upper RHS of the screen. Just put the postcode/address into google maps 🙂

jimmy

yeah i mean physically. turns out I've been staring at it on the train home every day for the past 2 months…

FieldMarshall

Cheers for the heads up.

2 pairs purchased.

Should last me at least 2 weeks with my track record of breaking glasses.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I only use these glasses. Bought 10 pairs 2 years ago and only used 2 pairs so far as I fell on my face and snapped the first pair but rescued the lenses.

foxyrider
    Free Member

10 blimey 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

LOADS of these left in Lidl in Worcester in case anyone is interested… Just bought 2 pairs, one in the larger size, one in the smaller. Both fit fine, but the larger ones will do me a better job of keeping my eyes covered from the crap.

CountZero

Bought a couple of pairs several months ago, mainly 'cos the black frames only had a single lens, while the silver had the set of three. Silver looks cack, but the black lens was a different colour to the others, so I've got four lens colours, well three plus clear, and the black frame is pretty nice looking. The only point the cheapness really shows is in some distortion right at the very edge of the lens, but it's only slightly distracting, and good enough for riding in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Lidl : Cheap sport glasses Update’ is closed to new replies.