Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • PSA: I'm so bloody excited!! Guess which week starts today?
  • binners

Its BRITISH PIE WEEK!!!!!!

Rejoice!!!!!!

😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going out for supper, I’ll make sure it’s a Pie.

TVM

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I have a guiness and steak pie for tea with peas naturally.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigblackshed

Damn. I knew I should have had that pie for dinner.

I’ll make up for it and have two tomorrow. Might even be three if I’m peckish. 🙂

fasthaggis

I am having Leek and Mushroom Croustade,does that count? 🙂

bearnecessities

Mmmm,pi3.14159

wysiwyg
    Free Member

You bloody better be!

bearnecessities

😀 Mobile friendly?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well we’re here and ordering Fish Pie.

Is Fish acceptable ?

And Beer.

Is it Beer week too ? 😆

timraven

It’s always pie week in my house 😀 and beer, but often not weak…

piemonster

Dear Binners

I actually properly love you.

Thank You

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I punched someone in the coupon today – does that count this side of the Pennines?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m clearly a terrorist; no pies for me as i’m trying to be as clean eating as i can for a few weeks…

bigblackshed

Get out. You have no business here.

binners

Well that started well. My mate Al, who’s fiercly proud of his pie making skills, has truly surpassed himself with his best yet. A 3 cheese and onion beauty! A layer of mature chedder, then Red Leicester, topped with crumbly lancs, cooked to perfection! 😀

ThePinkster

That’s not pie. Proper pie needs bits of dead animal and preferably beer gravy in it. 🙄

wanmankylung
    Free Member

One will assume that anything with a pastry hat will be getting pied straight back from whence it came.

binners

Are you mad?!!! Cheese pie is the only item on a menu, that could be considered a vegetarian option, but you’d actually eat through choice! Not only does a good one match its carnivore-friendly brethren, it’s actually preferable, without you necessarily being some bloody tree-hugging, yoghurt knitting hippy!! 🙂

Next you’ll be dissing Greggs cheese and onion pasties! And that’s blasphemy!!!

Tracey

Started with pulled pork pie tonight with potato and carrot wedges. Tomorrow will be shepherds’ pie with Heinz beans.
    Wednesday will be whatever the girls do as I will be recuperating after my foot operation. Supposedly no biking for three months.

ivorlott
    Free Member

If you ever get the chance, get one from these folks.
    Bloody lovely… even the veggie ones…

MSP

shepherds’ pie with Heinz beans

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGAu_DeKckI[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Proper pie needs bits of dead animal and preferably beer gravy in it.

I’ve got a load of dead bambi in the freezer, and am going to make it in to a pie this week.

😀 Yum.

jimster01

Knew there was a reason I’m off to the King Charles house in Worcester this week, a pie and a pint

ThePinkster

Next you’ll be dissing Greggs cheese and onion pasties! And that’s blasphemy!!!

😆 😆
    I never said there was anything wrong with it as food, just that it’s not a proper pie. 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Where was that pub/restaurant someone linked to on here last yr I think which did a massive wedge steak pie ? I *think* binbins even vistited said establishment. I just need to see more pictures of those pies 🙂 Think it was in the Lakes somewhere.

MrNice
    Free Member

Pie week! 😮

it may be time to visit the farm shop and make another game pie

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I’m having sausage rolls tonight, yip I am a Maverick!

llama

By complete coincidence we had a proper pie last night for the first time in ages. Must be something in the air.

z1ppy

Dear god, how was this not in my diary! Hmm a chicken pie maybe with chorizo, seems like a reasonable plan.

ThePinkster

Perhaps a trip to Mad O’Roukes Pie Factory is in order?

Just wish I lived closer to it than I do these days.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Lord of the Pies – Stockport. The best pies ever. Fact.

swamptin
    Free Member

I miss pies… they were among the best things living in the UK. I’ve yet to find a good pie in Ireland. One day I’ll go back and again have a pie in… wait, there’s Pieminister in Dublin? Well, that’s that sorted then.

binners

allthepies – after recommendations from the fat bastards discerning diners on here, I went along to the George Hotel in keswick, and ordered their enormous cow pie. It was absolutely amazing. I wonder if a pilgrimage could be justified during pie week? Its worth a trip to Keswick purely for the pie

This is a half portion 😯

sbob
    Free Member

binners – Member

Well that started well. My mate Al, who’s fiercly proud of his pie making skills, has truly surpassed himself with his best yet. A 3 cheese and onion beauty! A layer of mature chedder, then Red Leicester, topped with crumbly lancs, cooked to perfection!

Where is the meat? Where is the gravy?
    Good God, is this man describing some sort of quiche? 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

binbins – THAT IS THE PIE! 😛

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well, i had pizza last night.

for some reason, americans call them “pies”.

they’re clearly not.

mattrgee
    Free Member

binbins – THAT IS THE PIE!

Is it???

I can’t see any pastry under the meat! It better not be one of those stews disguised as a pie! 👿

allthepies
    Free Member

another pic of a pie from same establishment with pastry base revealed.

binners

I can’t see any pastry under the meat! It better not be one of those stews disguised as a pie!

I’d have been outraged if they’d attempted such a con!! It was definitely pasty encased. A proper pie!

It was also probably the densest foodstuff I’ve ever eaten. In a really good way. About as far removed as possible from those vile flaky-pastry topped, swimming-in-gravy abominations that pass for (alleged) pies in some horrible Harvester-esque chain pubs

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Isn’t a pie just dog food wrapped up in fat?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘PSA: I'm so bloody excited!! Guess which week starts today?’ is closed to new replies.