Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • PSA: Icebreaker Merino gear 60% off
  • fbk
    Free Member

Sportspursuit have got a range of Icebreaker merino stuff on sale this week. Mens and womens with around 60% off. Thought folk may be interested?

Link Here

Or if you’d rather not use my referall link then just go to Sportspursuit.com and register there.

fbk
    Free Member

Sorry – that should be sportpursuit.co.uk! 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

where?

Is it some kind of odd website or am I missing something…?

fbk
    Free Member

Reggiegasket – You need to login or register before you can see the current offers. No card details or anything needed. Just an email, address and password I think

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

AARRGGGHHH why did you tell me! I love merino and that’ll mean spending more money got some lush stuff on that websitE! bought a fantastic sugoi jacket for road riding cheap, it’s great.

trebord
    Free Member

fbk, have you bought much off the site in the past? Just trying to work the business out. Is it the case that they seem to offer prices before having stuff in stock, as they need to wait for suppliers to put the kit on sale? And, therefore, there’s a pretty hefty delivery time.. 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

The business model seems to be that they hold no stock, get the orders in, then acquire it from the suppliers in one fell swoop. Quite neat as they don’t end up with warehouses full of unsold stock. It does mean that they can’t handle returns though.

FWIW, I’ve bought a fair bit of stuff from them. It all turns up eventually, just a few days after the offer finishes.

Shame none of the Icebreaker tops are short-sleeved though. The last batch of 3 that I bought are on their last legs (mind you, they are now 3-4 years old).

higgo
    Free Member

fbk, have you bought much off the site in the past? Just trying to work the business out. Is it the case that they seem to offer prices before having stuff in stock, as they need to wait for suppliers to put the kit on sale? And, therefore, there’s a pretty hefty delivery time..

Yes – I’ve ordered from them a couple of times – you order, they buy, then they ship.

I’m happy with the stuff I’ve had from them and don’t mind the wait for the prices.

fbk
    Free Member

Yep – I think druidh & higgo summed it up. You have to wait a little longer than usual but that seems the only real downfall.

DickBarton

I bought the Drift HD camera from them…sale ended and it reckoned a 2 week wait for estimated delivery. about 8 days in I got impatient and emailed asking if there was any update..knew I had to wait but was hoping it would be an accurate estimated delivery date. Email back saying expected date was accurate (30th April) – I emailed on 24th. Got home that night and a delivery had been attempted…picked it up next day and was the camera…

wrecker
    Free Member

I ordered some Sugoi liners 6 weeks ago. Nothing yet.

highclimber
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Haglofs backpack from them. I for one don’t mind waiting for those prices to be fair!

good stuff.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’ve had a montane jacket off them and some gels, legit but can be long (2 months) lead times.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@fbk I’ve registered via your link and will order have some IceBreaker which has been going strong for years and the only negative is the price and this solves that

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks jambalaya 🙂

bonchance
    Free Member

Yeah thanks – used link so have a fiver for your trouble 🙂

Shame they charge delivery..

Dyffers
    Free Member

Good shout, I have a few old Merino 200 long sleeves that are coming to the end of their life.

Put 2 in the basket, accepted the £5 delivery charge…then they added tax the sneaky blighters. Didn’t spot that at the start.

Not such a great deal after all, seen as the RRP would be including VAT.

fbk
    Free Member

Dyffers – added tax?? Are you sure? The prices quoted all seem to include VAT – it’s just the postage that gets added at the end (around £3-5).

Crell
    Free Member

…then they added tax the sneaky blighters. Didn’t spot that at the start.

They have a rubbish checkout page in the way they show the VAT breakdown. If you check the total they aren’t adding VAT to the published item price – the only additional bit of vat you’re paying is on the 4.99 delivery, though it certainly gives the appearance that they are now adding an additional VAT amount for the item (they aren’t, as the item price is inc VAT).

Just tot up the Subtotal and compare to the price you’re paying at the bottom.

bonchance
    Free Member

I thought same at first, but the price quoted initially did include the value they added tax..

Basket total shock!

Dyffers
    Free Member

Fairy nuff; I didn’t check the initial price you’re right.

I’ll go for another looksee and fbk might yet get another fiver. 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

Thank you to those who sign up via my referral link. Hope you enjoy your merino goodness 🙂 Looks like I could do with mine this weekend!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have bought a Sugoi roadie waterproof and windproof jacket from them, WAAAAAAYYYY cheaper than anywhere else and they were spot on, they do still do returns so it’s just like buying anything normally however the delivery date may well be longer. It lists the probable delivery date on site.

So far I’ve been trying to refrain from buying MORE merino but they have SS women’s lightweight (150g) tops and for hols/travelling it would be ace…mmmm I may have to reconsider!

fbk
    Free Member

To be honest, Ive only just recently got into merino but, having warn a top and socks in baking heat for 2 days solid, without a whiff and staying cool, I’m sold on the stuff 🙂

Edit: sorry, I’m not helping am I? 😉

johnhe

I’d need to be sure of getting stuff incredibly cheap in order to use a website like that. Not for me.

fbk
    Free Member

They’ve got some RaceFace biking gear on there now too for good prices 🙂

argyle
    Free Member

I’d need to be sure of getting stuff incredibly cheap in order to use a website like that. Not for me.

this statement confuses me. the stuff is incredibly cheap.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

FBK merino is the clothing of Gods I think I now have over 10 different merino wool tops, sleeveless super light weight On One, short sleeved mid and light weight from Icebreaker and embers merino, long sleeved from Fat Face and Embers Merino, thick wintery 260g jumper from Icebreaker.. all bought cheap but I LOVE the stuff!

still refrained on this deal..may have to cave 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

That should be a fiver on its way to you courtesy of me 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

MC – good point well made 🙂

Sweepy- ta very much sir.

Digger90
    Free Member

What an utterly crap concept for a web site and business – sign up and give over all your personal details before you can even view an item? No thanks.

TiRed

Well, you should have a referral from me. Not trendy, but for £18, the Regatta Harvey Softshell top has got to be worth a punt for spring and autumn trail riding, Surely?

Will order with merino top tomorrow.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Well Digger90 doesn’t bother the rest of us, who want the good deals, you can shop elsewhere reeeesult!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Good shout MC, don’t see the big deal about providing your email address to see the deals. Digger do you never use price comparison or insurance websites?

Sports Pursuit have always been good for anything I’ve bought and often the delivery time is quicker than expected. Can’t fault them

wrecker
    Free Member

delivery time is quicker than expected.

Lucky git. 7 weeks for a pair of liners. 😯

vondally
    Free Member

used them excellent to date, usually buy winter stuff now onwards arrives for when i need it 😀

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

It normally tells you how long the delivery wait is, and it’s never been longer than stated.

druidh
    Free Member

FWIW, I’ve had 14 referral awards, mostly from a previous post on STW.

drain

Another fiver heading your way! Ta muchly for the link.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Race Face T-shirts, riding shorts and gloves on there today!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Icebreaker Merino gear 60% off’ is closed to new replies.