Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA: Free mobile mobile charger thing for EE customers
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Text POWER to 365, they’ll return text a code (costs 35p), take that in store and pick up one of them battery pack charger thingys for free. Well 35p anyway.

Apparently if you’re out and about and you use it up, you can drop in to any EE store to swap it for a full one too.

Drac

Sent mine this am.

Great little idea.

nixie

Nice, thanks

spooky_b329

I’m on T Mobile that is now EE, but I still log in via T Mobile section on the EE website.

No reply to my text so far…thought it would be instant!

smashit
    Free Member

Taking a while on Orange too. http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/out-and-about/ee-power states the T-Mobile and Orange are eligible…

metcalt

They’ve stated on Twitter that due to the high demand texts are taking a while to come through, but they are coming apparently.

Tallpaul
    Free Member

Any idea if it’s open to business customers?

T&C’s say ‘consumers’, but nothing specifically excludes business users.

mike_p
    Free Member

Sent TXT a couple of hours ago, nothing yet…

spooky_b329

Just got mine, took 30 minutes.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m a business user, sent the text and got a code instantly.

mark90
    Free Member

Sent at 09:54, code received at 09:56.

EE sim only customer.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve just sent the text.

Though why do you have to faff about sending a text? Why not walk into their stores with your phone as proof of acount, pay the 35p, and collect your device?

EE – Exasperating Everyone.

Drac

Waiting in store now for mine now. Their systems are choked.

It was hassle for you type that whinge than it was to send the txt.

Drac

Sorted

teadrinker
    Free Member

Thanks mrjmt. That will come in handy!

bruneep

No text back yet. Been over 3 hrs now.

Drac

When I was collecting mine the lass in the shop said they’d received over 330,000 txt on the first hour, which brought the system down. So don’t expect it to be through too quick.

mrjmt
    Free Member

mine took 1.5hrs to text back this morning, at just gone 8am.

just picked the thingy up at lunch, it’ll charge anything USB by the looks of it so will be handy for garmin edge etc. too.

itsonlymelee
    Free Member

Cheers OP!

Sent text, code received back within a few seconds.

🙂

Tracey

Thanks. Texts sent and three picked up from local store. Nice surprise for Abigales birthday present.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I received the text code after a few hours and have just picked up my power bar. It even has a built in torch as well. Check its power level by pressing the power button once as mine is showing only two of four tiny LEDs. Press twice to turn on the torch, twice again to change to flash mode, and twice more to turn the torch off. Not bad for 35p, but the awful EE colour scheme!…

bruneep

Yup got it now, well 4 of them have whole family on EE account will see how it goes asking for 4

nealglover
    Free Member

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve just sent the text.
    Though why do you have to faff about sending a text? Why not walk into their stores with your phone as proof of acount, pay the 35p, and collect your device?
    EE – Exasperating Everyone.

They are giving you a £20 power bank for 35p

There is literally no pleasing some people.

Just picked mine up, nice freebie that’s for sure.

bubs

Got mine – thank you!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The colour scheme reminds me of Yeti bikes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sorted, cheers for the info..

elliott-20
    Free Member

Hmm, the T&C’s suggest it’s not yours, but you are hiring’ them and therefore responsible for their wellbeing.

2.3 A Power Bar is made available to you on a free to hire basis, under the terms of this agreement, for a maximum of 18 months. After 18 months, the Power Bar must be returned to EE and the Service will end

2.7 When this agreement expires or terminates (for mobile or broadband customer this will happen automatically if you chose to cancel your agreement with us for mobile or broadband services), you must return the Power Bar to an EE store within 60 days. If you don’t you’ll have to pay a charge to compensate us for replacing the Power Bar. Currently this is £5.

Not that a fiver makes much difference but it isn’t exactly ‘free’. 😕

andyl
    Free Member

That is quite bizarre. I thought that maybe they were planning to pay for them by people using their phone more thus higher bills but it seems not.

Did they used to sell them? Maybe they overstocked and thought it would be a good way to palm them off on people and then get them to pay for it when they lose it or forget to return it.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Given that at no point was the existence of any terms and conditions pointed out to me I’d like to see them try and enforce that.

milky1980
    Free Member

As soon as people start complaining about being stung for the non-return of the Power Bar it’ll be dropped, masses of bad publicity waiting to happen!

Wouldn’t surprise me to see loads on Ebay shortly.

EDIT: they’re already on there!! Good luck explaining how you’ve sold something you don’t actually own!

ricky1
    Free Member

Cool,thanks op,life saver at some point me thinks.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes, I read the T&Cs in advance of gtting one. I wonder if this isn’t a case of an extremely long duration inertia selling scam; or if in 18 months EE try to pull a fast one? I’ll keep all the packaging so if they squinney I’ll return it to them, along with a few choice stern words.

rOcKeTdOg

I’d rather they sell phones with a decent battery life

bruneep

In store waiting to be served and have been so for 15 mins now…

bruneep

Got 4 after a 45min wait. Asked about the 18 month hand back neither of the 1 sales girls knew anything about it.

Del

in the link above it says it’s ‘free’ 3 times…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Since when did the sales staff know anything regarding future company policy?

ourmaninthenorth

You guys had to pay and go to shop to collect?

I got given mine free by some guys from Orange over from Paris for a meeting the other day…. At least I can rest easy that their bribe* is only worth 35p**.

*clearly not
    ** clearly not

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Went and collected mine on Sunday – the automatic text they then sent me says “remember you can switch it for another one at any EE store as many times as you like”.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free mobile mobile charger thing for EE customers’ is closed to new replies.