Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • PSA: Duffbags New Stock!!!
  • Steve-Austin
    Free Member

coming soon. Just seen on the Duffbag site that they got new bags coming. Pre-Order kitbags on special offer

http://www.duffbag.com/products/products/duffbag/

honourablegeorge

Very fond of mine, although it has developed a hole at the bottom where the stitching is going.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just ordered 2 after having a very soggy boot from a damp wetsuit yesterday

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

I’ve been tempted to buy some of these bags for quite some time. I was just wondering, does it fit a helmet, camelbak, body armour and riding gear in easily?

willard

Good call! Been looking for something like that for a while.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Duffman
    Free Member

@prancinghorse the bags have been designed to take what you would need from a typical ride : shoes, helmet, hydration pack, shorts, shirt, base layer, outer shell plus some basic body armour. You probably don’t need more than one bag unless you need to seperate out your wet and dry kit

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I normally fit all my wet winter gear, helmet, bag and boots in it with ease. I obviously need more kit to fill it up.
    What body armour for winter mincing?

IHN

technically inept makes a good point.

Without trolling, what advantage do Duffbags have over a big blue Ikea bag?

TimP
    Free Member

Built in change mat, but my ikea bag has an offcut of carpet in it, and I doubt it is as noisy

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

@Duffman It sounds like just what i need! Just another thing, considering i’m in Wales and it rains a lot, how waterproof are these bags?

Kryton57

technicallyinept – Member

+1 – they also do a perfectly shoe sized version.

Mounty_73

I use a Alpkit airlok XTra, they do the job.

IHN

A fair point 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge – top responce !

I have ordered two, one for me and one for a mate. I bought a Monsterbag and these were sold out at the time.

@IHN I like the convenience, the flap to stand on, ability to close it up and keep most of the smell in !

A far as I know those IKEA shopping bags are not waterproof, wet muddy gear will leak sh1t into my car. I have seen mates use the plastic “basket type” but they are not sealable nor have the stand on flap. In the past I’ve used the plastic storage boxes and still do for lubes, brush etc

Duffman
    Free Member

how waterproof are these bags?

@ prancinghorse they are not a drybag, if you fill them with water they will eventually leak out of the seams but in our experience they are more than capable of containing the moisture in a typical wet mountain bike kit or a wetsuit that has been reasonably wrung out.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

That’s good to know! When are these bags in?

Kryton57

A far as I know those IKEA shopping bags are not waterproof, wet muddy gear will leak sh1t into my car.

Mine don’t, the Duff bags aren’t waterproof either it says so on the website. And the Ikea bags are free. Convienient for me as IKEA is 10 mins down the road and on the way to the outlaws.

Not knocking the idea though. Does anyone know, does the footflap fold “in”, or does the residue of the shoes (water mud etc) run off outside the bag when you fold it up?

Duffman
    Free Member

@Kryton57 I used to use Ikea bags until I decided to make something better 😀 I originally made a couple for my own use, people saw them and it just grew from there

The fold out changing mat is designed to fold back into the bag after use. If you use the changing mat as it is intended i.e. step out of wet shoes and socks and onto the changing mat, dry feet and put on dry socks and shoes it should not get too muddy unless you are standing in a puddle of course 😉

Duffman
    Free Member

That’s good to know! When are these bags in?

@prancinghorse just had an update from the shipping company they are about 10 days away from Felixstowe so we should ship the earliest orders in around 2 weeks

willard

Duffman. 10 dys out from Felixstowe could just mean anywhere from Trimley to Ipswich. It’s a different pace of life in the wild east.

Duffman
    Free Member

@Willard think more of the wet side of Felixstowe than the dry side, probably about the Bay of Biscay about now 😉

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Just ordered two bags! Thanks very much Duffman

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got 2, they’re brilliant. One for dirty kit on trips, the other takes all the camping kit (inflating mat, sleeping bag, trangia, some food, blanket, etc etc) so I can jump out the car, with just the duffbag and the pop up tent in a nearby field, then in the morning reverse the whole procedure before Mr Farmer is even awake and repeat all week.

andymc06
    Free Member

Damn you tempting thread! Ordered cheers 😀

Sandwich

10 dys out from Felixstowe could just mean anywhere from Trimley to Ipswich. It’s a different pace of life in the wild east.

Woah buoy, go you steady!

psling
    Free Member

They look good and pretty good value at pre-order price too. (I’ve been using a climbing rope-bag in a similar way for a number of years now).

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

the only draw back I see is you have to put the whole bag down to use the changing mat, so making the bottom of the whole bag dirty/wet if not in a hard pack carpark.
    granted it prob far cleaner than load of dirty kit all over the place.
    Maybe have the mat detachable would be great.

Duffman
    Free Member

Maybe have the mat detachable would be great.

5 seconds and a pair of scissors would make the mat detachable 😀

Seriously, the material for the outer shell is a nylon type material with a special coating, which is non absorbent, you could put it on the mud and unless you jumped up and down on it or placed it in a puddle it would not pick up a lot of of mud or moisture.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

5 seconds and a pair of scissors would make the mat detachable

LOL, top answer!

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

@Duffman, any update on when these bags will land?

Duffman
    Free Member

@Duffman, any update on when these bags will land?

The bags are due into Felixstowe on Wednesday of next week, after customs clearance and shipping we should be able to pack and despatch from early the following week. We do have quite a large pre-order list to clear though but will get through it as soon as possible.

Duffman
    Free Member

They have landed and cleared customs! We will have the bags here middle of next week and start packing and despatching as soon as they arrive. There is a long list of pre-orders, we hope to have all these out by the end of next week.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Hey @Duffman, could you post mine first! 🙂

Duffman
    Free Member

Quick update: the bags are now in stock, we are packing this weekend to work through the now very, very long list of pre-orders (still riding Sunday though 😉 ). We aim to work through the list oldest first and get everything despatched by early next week.

We won’t be able to update the price on the website until Monday now so you still have the chance to take advantage of the pre-order offer this weekend.

Please be gentle with us 🙂

Duffman
    Free Member

OK,we have all the packing done for the pre-orders and they are now with the post office so you should start receiving bags in the next few days.We are still waiting on a new delivery of phone pouches so orders for multiple items may be a little bit longer while we wait for stock to arrive to complete orders, you can email me via the duffbag site if you want part shipment.

We are updating our blog with regular updates on progress here duffbag despatch update

midlifecrashes

Like them, and will probably treat myself my car to one(Regular Duffbag). One question though, if I decide to use it as regular luggage rather than just a car saver, can it be locked? My dad’s ancient Navy kitbag has a neat D-clamp you could feed through the holes and stick a padlock on? Have you tried anything like that?

Edit: Just had a google, seems like they still exist.
    http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/camping-equipment/rucksacks-bags/kit-bag-lock-469100.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=S&Outdoors

Any idea if it’ll fit?

Duffman
    Free Member

@midlifecrashes you don’t need to use one of those D links although they do look nice in an old fashioned way 🙂 Those clamps date back to WW1 and were used to stop pilfering when troops were being moved between locations, simple and effective and still in use today.

You can secure the duffbag using an ordinary padlock. I will take some pictures showing you how later when I have 5 mins.

Duffman
    Free Member

@midlifecrashes as promised here are some pictures of how you can lock a duffbag using a simple padlock

Here is the blog post that shows how it is done

Locking a duffbag

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Got mine this morning, looks great, more than happy. Thanks Duffman! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Duffbags New Stock!!!’ is closed to new replies.