Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA – Don't go to Nant y Arian
  • richcc
    Free Member

Don't go to N y A – you won't enjoy it, the singletrack halfway around the Summit loop is really disappointing and you won't like it.

That's all – just go somewhere else – you'll enjoy it more

thanks

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thats funny, been twice and thought it was a good trail centre to be fair.

Especially the Syfidrin (however its spelt), a real getaway from it all feel.

Even a good visitor centre/showers.

Just my opinion mind.

richcc
    Free Member

Bigbloke – you must have gone somewhere else! I was at n y a yesterday and that deserted flowing singletrack was dreadful 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    devs
    Free Member

Are the puddles still wheel deep on the Syfindrin trail? It's always deserted I find. Ridden it about 10 times now as it is my local trail when visiting the outlaws. I've seen about 20 other bikers and most of them were in the car park or mincing up the leg burner. I have never seen anybody at all once you get past Nant y Moch Res. The most company I've had was a sheep with its head stick in a wire fence. I had to release him before the crows had his eyes out. He thanked me by kicking my leg.

PJ266
    Free Member

Good to see this was done in jest, I was about to get all defensive!

markfu
    Free Member

Shhhh, and as for that 'Mark of Zorro' section of singletrail, terribly designed piece of trail with no flow or grin factor whatsoever.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I agree it's utter rubbish

rOcKeTdOg

i found a bit with a rider on it! (in a STW shirt no less)

Bregante

that legburner. no fun on a 35lbs Enduro 😳

chvck
    Free Member

that legburner. no fun on a 35lbs Enduro

I've done it on a full on downhill rig before now! (was the only working bike I had at the time)

ponti
    Free Member

Too right, terrible trails & singletrack.
    Don't go there.
    But, someone's got to keep riding it, so that they don't close it.
    Ah well, I suppose I'll have to keep riding it.
    Terrible job I know, but purely in the interests of keeping it open.

richcc
    Free Member

Ponti – nice to see someone taking one for the team though I do feel your pain.

(actually yesterday's rides around the summit and the red route in the pouring rain are candidates for my favourite rides of the year!)

walla24
    Free Member

indeed not worth visiting…how do you get to nant-y-moch reservoir?

devs
    Free Member

The Syfindrin trail takes you along the edge of Nant y Moch. It's the 30km yellow conti signed trail.

walla24
    Free Member

Pardon my ignorance, even though iv been round there many a time but is the Syfindrin trail the bit where you go through the gate at pendam reservoir towards mark of zorro?

naokfreek
    Free Member

I agree, utter rubbish.

Really would'nt bother.

devs
    Free Member

Nope although you do go that way at the end of the Syfindrin. With the gate you describe on your left you carry on out past the RHS of Pendam Res, and the next one (Rhosgoch?) and then along the edge of NyM. Sounds like you've missed the best bits. None of it is singletrack but it is badly eroded landy track and if you've got the bollox it can be quite a gnarly blast over rocky drops. I've only done it on my Nomad and loved it. The only problem being, as previously described, some huge wheel deep puddles.

Reluctant
    Free Member

:lol:Yes, NyA is utter sh!t! The Mark of Zorro is possibly the worst section of singletrack I've ever had the misfortune to ride. And to make things worse, you have to put up with all those ugly red kites birds flying around at the visitor centre. I'm never going there again! 😆

whytetrash

I think Wales in general is overrated…especially the trail centres 😉

takisawa2

Just to confirm, yes NyA is a pile of crap. You wont like it. Stay well away.

I hear that Land-Diggalaa place is well rad man.
    Best if you all go there instead.

snaps
    Free Member

Busy as hell when we did the Sify, mountainbikes, motorbikes, horses, dogs & walkers.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Don't go to Nant y Arian’ is closed to new replies.