Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • PSA Tonight: Daredevils: Life on the Edge inc Danny MacAskill and Guy Martin
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Got to be worth a watch..10pm, Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/daredevils-life-on-the-edge

rewski
    Free Member

Nice one. Thanks

rockhopper70

i’ll bump this with 50 minutes to go.

hilton83
    Free Member

Nice one, the mrs can turn off that kardashian bull honky and I can watch something reet proper!

weeksy

Recording.. thanks.

amplebrew

Cool, thank you.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant, just in time. Thanks.

clive
    Free Member

Cheers for that 😀

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks for this PSA! Just managed to program the skymachine 😀

velocipede
    Free Member

here too….thanks!

Jamesy
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up 🙂

spacemonkey

Watching and recording 🙂 Truly insane.

therag
    Free Member

Cheers

Tiger6791

The voice over guy is really annoying! Shut up

spacemonkey

Guy Martin on surfers 😆

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Zane chuffing Lowe. I wish this fella would do one back to NZ.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member

Guy Martin on surfers

Thought that too! He might be off their christmas lists. 😀 Bloody good (motor)bike rider though, isn’t he?

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Just caught it. Thanks for the heads up. : )

(REALLY, ZANE LOWE?)… : (

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

There’s some good footage on this programme and it’s a great way to bring cycling to mainstream TV but I can’t help but think it’s all a bit, well, cheesy really.

Why are people so keen on over analysing having fun?
    That’s all it is – we all do it. The only difference is that these guys are better at it than most of us!

spacemonkey

@GTTH: yep, just a tad!

coogan
    Free Member

Changed the channel, pretty boring.

Tiger6791

Would be better if “Come dine with me’s” Dave Lamb did the VoiceOver!

mboy
    Free Member

Bit of a shame they filmed it just as Danny is recovering from an injury, and therefore can’t fully take part.

But otherwise, very interesting, especially to understand about the common misconception about “adrenaline junkies” as they are actually not so.

jedi

like a big go ape

IanMunro
    Free Member

Turned it off for the reasons mentioned above, but did catch the surfers bit 😀

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I get what they say. I was just saying to Mrs C, I ride for the satisfaction of controlling fear, not letting it control me and preventing me riding stuff successfully. It does mean I can’t ride his ^ stuff yet, but it means I minimise my injuries. 😀

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I guess if you live in Lincolnshire you can’t be expected to know a lot about surfing . . .

DezB
    Free Member

I’m watching that slacklining through my fingers! The only thought in my head is What if the end comes out of the rock?! I guess they don’t think that cos they know how its fixed.

stevede
    Free Member

The TT crash near the beginning was horrendous. Did have a chuckle at the high fiving extreme surfers comment though!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I guess if you live in Lincolnshire you can’t be expected to know a lot about surfing . . .

But you may know something about doing a 130mph average speed round the I.o.M ! 😀

As is usually the case with these things the VoiceOver is cheesy/ annoying as hell, but it’s some exposure for some minority sports.

Closer to the edge is a far better watch.

grum
    Free Member

Some interesting bits but the ‘science’ aspect to it is a bit BS. ‘people do extreme sports because they get a buzz and that can be addictive, maybe something to do with their genes’. Wow.

And Zane Lowe can do one.

DezB
    Free Member

It is interesting that Zane Lowe doesn’t actually have to sound like an utter twonk. Why can’t he sound like this on the radio!

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Would be better if “Come dine with me’s” Dave Lamb did the VoiceOver!

I can imagine it…it’s awesome.
    Zane Lowe is alright it’s just a bit sensationalized with him. As Danny said “some people like cooking…I like riding me bike seems normal to me”.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

Omg are you guys watching random acts with the flying suits?

smiff
    Free Member

this programme was great and terrible. great for Danny and his parents.. terrible for the pseudo-science that just about everything on tv seems to have now… why, it’s not ok just to appreciate art or sport on their own? The only interesting bit was about adrenalin, and i’m not sure that’s even right.

E.B. White famously said: “Analyzing humour is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.”

Yep, change humour to fun and that’s it.

billysugger
    Free Member

Liked the way it will have made some people realise wingsuit guys will have a ton of skydives/base jumps behind them before they do this stuff. It’s showing the progression. A lot of people would look at them and just think they are insane without realising the build up to doing what they do.

Guy Martin ‘If you get it wrong you’re dead’

Wish he’d stop saying this because he got it wrong big time at the TT a couple of years back and at this years North West and at least one other North West a few years back.

I really like him but wish he’d stop playing the job up.

kayak23

Pretty disappointing show to be fair.
    Did anything actually happen?

Why didn’t they film it when he was fit and when it wasn’t pretty much winter in Chamonix?

Pretty dull, no real insight… 🙁

Pieface

schedules at a guess, further adding to the poor execution of this program

Tiger6791

It’s cheap unimaginative TV.

These videos do well on YouTube so they create a format around it. The format was weak but for the cost of production it will still have pulled okay numbers.

Next we’ll see a program about ‘Lol’ catz. Why do cat owners push there catz to such extreme poses? What’s the science behind this strange obsession ?

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s cheap unimaginative TV.

It’s Channel 4

I think Guy Martin hit the nail on the head with his derisory comments about what is or is not ‘extreme’ (although really big wave surfing is pretty extreme).

How on earth did they figure that slack lining was extreme unless they were actually going to do it without a harness? And to be fair, what Danny does is more unfathomable skill than real danger.

Frankly I can’t see anything getting close to TT racers and wingsuit/base jumpers. I mean in the TT each year people die – imagine each time you went out for a bike ride you figured you had a 1 in 100 chance of not coming back. That would sharpen the mind.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘PSA Tonight: Daredevils: Life on the Edge inc Danny MacAskill and Guy Martin’ is closed to new replies.