Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA: Cheeep Formula Brakes
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

There’s a reet load on here. 8)

the00
    Free Member

Hmmm, tempted.

philsimmo
    Free Member

Bollocks – was just about to pull the trigger on some SLX’s but don’t know what to do now????

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrjmt
    Free Member

dunno, i use hayes! 😆

Leadfold
    Free Member

IMO you should go for the SLX. I bought Formula brakes. They were great to start with but performance ebbed away. I bled them repeatedly and it made no difference. Two of my LBS’s had a go with no more success.

I had the same issue with Avid Elixirs. Shimano brakes are superb.

Northwind

Philsimmo- what Formula option would you go for, RXs? If so- go SLX over those.

philsimmo
    Free Member

Thanks Leadfold / Northwind. Yes RX’s. Rose bikes also had XT’s ridiculously cheap too but i think their now out of stock.

julians
    Free Member

rose are only out of stock on the black XT brakes, they still have the silver in stock.

Mine just arrived today.

FOG

had exactly the same experience as Leadfold, K18s brilliant at first but soon became pernickety and high maintenance.
    Replaced them with SLXs which have been excellent and what little maintenance that has been required has been well within my comfort zone.

neninja
    Free Member

Had K18’s and now have RX – can’t fault them. Only needed one bleed in almost 2 years on the RXs.

marcusr
    Free Member

Came here to tell people, had a search first and found this. I bought the RX ones with TFRA and FCS for 200 euros (with adapters). Mad bargain I reckon if you look at the prices on, say, CRC, for the standard brakes and the separate add-ons. Limited choice of hose lengths tho.

Bought a Vaude softshell jacket on sale as well and got rewarded with free shipping (to sweden).

Ordered on mon, got them on fri. Haven’t tried them out yet but they are very pretty! :mrgreen:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Cheeep Formula Brakes’ is closed to new replies.