Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA; Cheap Nespresso coffee machines
  • drew

One for the coffee non purists perhaps. Nespresso are running an offer whereby if you buy one of their machines you will receive up to £75 in total off your next three coffee orders. Not bad as it stands really but if you buy the machine from Currys at the moment you can get an extra 10% off by using a COFF10 voucher code. I’ve gone for the MAGIMIX 11301 Nespresso CitiZ & Milk which retails at full price for £200 and it’s effectively only costing me £75.

nemesis
    Free Member

I did the same when my aerocinno died – it was cheaper to get a machine + aero since I got £75 of coffee with it.

pjt201
    Free Member

Really they should be giving away the machines for free given what they charge for coffee. It strikes me as being very similar to printer cartridges…

drew

These taste better.

wwaswas

should be giving away the machines for free given what they charge for coffee

I did some calculations a while back, if you buy ‘decent’ coffee then the cost per cup isn’t that different from Nespresso and there’s no waste with Nespresso if you don’t turn it into drinks within a shortish period of time.

simon_g

Patent has expired on their capsule design too so others can make them now. Plenty to choose from although most that are any good cost nearly as much as Nespresso’s own.

iolo
    Free Member

I prefer Tschibo capsules.

jimdubleyou

29-35p a go.

Good value for money IMO.

+1 for printer cartridges, these do not taste nice; no matter what brand you use in the nespresso machine.

nemesis
    Free Member

I also found that printer cartridges stick in my teeth and tend to stain my mouth/lips/hands.

smokey_jo

Lidl do a nespresso compatible capsule which I’ve been using for a few weeks without any problems. Make sure you get the strongest one though the others a bit weedy.

Oh and it works out at 18p per capsule 🙂
    Linky

kcal

I think I tried a couple of the compatible ones.

The Tesco one was bogging, not cheap – only used for coffee puddings now.
    Aldo/Lidl (can’t recall) weren’t too bad, OK, but still 22p each, not so much less than the Nes ones.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nespresso caps are fairly priced vs the alternatives. I drink 2-5 cups a day so I am happy to spend an extra 20-50p on myself rather than a budget alternative. As usual we pay more for stuff in the UK, we often bring ours back from France where they are 25% cheaper (same in € as £). Our record purchase was 1000 caps including 800 of a to be discontinued lungo decaf.

scandal42
    Free Member

Terrible amounts of packaging and landfill fodder. Why they can’t make them out of recyclable material I don’t know.

Grinder and Espresso machine isn’t much more work.

wwaswas

Why they can’t make them out of recyclable material

Like aluminium?

And offer a free collection and recycling service?

They do.

razorrazoo

Need to order some new capsules. Used these guys last time. Any other mail order alternatives before I re-order?

jp-t853

Someone mentioned Lidl above which are on 18p each.

These are without doubt the best compatible capsules available. The Ristretto espresso and Azzuro lungo ones are great. They are on a par with the official Nespresso capsules and made of plastic also.

I have talked some colleagues into getting a Nespresso machine for the office so will check out the offer.

razorrazoo

Lidl relies on me getting to a nearby one which actually has stock, prefer to order online. The Fine Coffee Club stuff is decent, just wondered if there is anything else. Their dark roast is on offer at the moment too so….

onewheelgood

[video]https://youtu.be/uRGiGbX9lIo[/video]

MrSmith
    Free Member

The bitterness of poor quality coffee remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

brassneck

Someone mentioned Lidl above which are on 18p each.

These are without doubt the best compatible capsules available. The Ristretto espresso and Azzuro lungo ones are great. They are on a par with the official Nespresso capsules and made of plastic also.

Last Christmas they were on at half price. I filled a trolley 🙂

Jolsa

Worth keeping an eye on Amazon prices or HUKD if you’re interested – I bought a Nespresso Inissia machine with Aeroccino for £72 on the first day of the promotion.

I buy the coffee already, and wanted an Aeroccino, so this worked out rather well.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Was thinking about buying a coffee machine for xmas, do enjoy a nice coffee but no idea which model to buy? .. nespresso any better than tassimo etc

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Thanks OP. That’s brilliant.

I order capsules every 2 months. So the vouchers are useful. Used them before. Got two machines, one at my partners house with a aeroncino there. A spare whisk for the frother would cost £10…

I’ve just ordered a black magimix machine with frother from Currys for £99.99, – 10% discount = £89.99, with £75 of coffee vouchers…

… And I may get another £9 back via quidco…

The printer cartridge analogy is good.

It is possible the net additional cost of getting a new machine and new frother with all the spare bits is about £6…. 😯

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA; Cheap Nespresso coffee machines’ is closed to new replies.