Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • PSA: BBC1 9pm Weds
  • DezB
    Free Member

Victoria Pendleton Cycling’s Golden Girl.
    1 hour of perving for some of you…

epo-aholic
    Free Member

mmmmm……..i just don’t get it personally 🙄

ononeorange

Can’t wait – it’s on Mrs O’s alarm!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Glad to see the Daily Fail upholding moral standards there

molgrips
    Free Member

Cavendish manages to look a bit of a pillock in that shampoo ad, as does Chris Hoy in his cereal one.

Pendleton otoh looks like a proper model in the one she did. I can’t actually remember what it was an ad for.. guess I was not concentrating on the product.

Ultimately it’s got to raise the profile of cycling, hasn’t it?

rOcKeTdOg

she has a rubbish cycling tan

mboy
    Free Member

Ahhhhh

What a Birthday Present for me! (tis my Birthday tomorrow you know…)

😛

ampthill

I recon thats been stretched a bit in photoshop…

Northwind

the standard-issue bikinis all beach volleyball players wear as standard.

Nice writing there.

DezB
    Free Member

Worth a bump 😉

emac65
    Free Member

Worth a bump

I would……. 😆

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

bloke filter on; she’s an interesting character as all reports suggest she’s psychologically quite fragile and insecure, and was one of the racers to benefit the most from sports psychologists with all her improvements being in her head.

bloke filter off; personally think Lizzie A is prettier and Jess Varnish has a great smile.

allankelly

Is Jess Varnish a real name?

Bonny anyway!

DezB
    Free Member

bloke filter off; personally think Lizzie A is prettier and Jess Varnish has a great smile.

Er, but the documentary is about Victoria Pendleton, so… so what does that have to do with anything?

rOcKeTdOg

Is Jess Varnish a real name?

sure is, she lives about 2 miles from me and i’ve been riding with her dad (he’s flipping good on a bike too)

thered

Mmmmmmmm, I love Vicky P.

carbon337
    Free Member

ahhhh little lizzie – she said hello to me at the nationals last year, the wife just looked at me with a glare of 1000 daggers.

I did instigate our brief hello conversation I must add.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

She’s a darling, but her dad is a bit me me me get over yourself your daughters made it you didn’t, build a bridge and all that.

rOcKeTdOg

pender’s tattoo *voms*

donsimon
    Free Member

Nowt like doing it the hard way.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Great programme this – she comes across really well in it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Shane Sutton’s an interesting character as well. Tells it like it is. All heart but gets the results!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

She comes across well, her Dad needs to get real he never was and never will be, he has been given a stage to say how proud he is of his daughter and then goes on about how bloody wonderful he could have been..

DezB
    Free Member

Better docu than I expected.
    She certainly is a hell of an athlete.

rOcKeTdOg

i wonder how much of Brailsford’s mind was on the yellow jersey and sky

verses

I don’t understand what was so bad about her relationship that meant blokey had to be kicked out….

allthepies
    Free Member

FFS, stop crying.

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

What a lovely person.

Pies, why the signature? We can tell it’s you.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

DezB, I was commenting on all the posts suggesting the only reason to watch was to perv, and that whilst she has the highest profile shes not the only photogenic female cyclist.

Interesting stuff, especially shown before the Olympics highlighting how fragile she is. Let’s just say dad did come out of it well.

rOcKeTdOg

so, if she fails we/she can blame her bloke then? getting the excuses in early

dawson

it sounded like she was never doing it for herself, always doing it for somebody else, never looked happy when she won either

theotherjonv

I knew she was psychologically ‘fragile’ but didn’t realise why. It’s a brutal place, top level sport, no room for sentimentality. They got rid of him because they didn’t see how it could work, now they’ve brought him back because the only thing she lacked is that mental strength that having him around gives her. You wouldn’t want to cross Shane Sutton would you.

Of course I want all our athletes to do well, but if I had to nominate one to get gold above all others it would be damn close between VP and Mo Farah.

DezB
    Free Member

if she fails we/she can blame her relationship with her bloke then?

FTFY 😉

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Highlighted the fine line between belief and mental fragility in achiveing success.

Did anyone see last nights programme on the sprinters? Asafa Powell seems to be similar too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow what a powerful doc that wad, very honest before Olympics although as said her Dad didn’t come out of it well. Shane Sutton is one of the most honest up front bloke you can meet he used to be coach for Welsh Cycling when I was a kid, hence the ODP “boot camp” regimes too.

Kryton57

I always find it interesting to note that your hero’s and heroin’s can be humane rather than pedestal-lion by having the same or worse problems than you have.

Interesting personally that she display’s the same mental frailties as me, and coincidentally I’m reading the booking written by her psychotherapist named on the program.

Olympics 2016 here I come. Oh, I’ll be 44….. :-/

chiefgrooveguru

And now I want a road bike to race on the local track…

smiff
    Free Member

Surprisingly good little documentary, didn’t know anything about her before, she seems nice but quite immature.. hope she does well at the Olympics.
    Can’t quite see why it was necessary for her other half to leave the team.. were they jealous or something 😕

theotherjonv

can’t quite see why it was necessary for her other half to leave the team

Because a boundary was set that said that relationships between coaches and athletes were absolutely uncrossable. Whether that is a boundary that should exist is not the question – it did, he crossed it, he got fired. It was only because it was so close to Beijing that he kept his job until the Olympics, but as soon as the job was done (the same day!) he effectively got fired.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘PSA: BBC1 9pm Weds’ is closed to new replies.