• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA – Bamboo base layers at Aldi on Sunday
  • MoreCashThanDash

Can’t get a bloody link working, but might be worth a look (among other more walking related outdoorsy gear)

maxlite
    Free Member

If its anything like the one I bought from them years ago, they are brilliant base layers….very warm

flap_jack
    Free Member

If they’re like the bamboo socks I’ve got they will be warm but a bit sweaty. IMO not as good as merino or even top quality cool-max.

righog
    Free Member

They are excellent, They are quite simply the most comfortable T shirts/Base Layer I have ever owned and I have a lot some very expensive, They look Bobbins though, and as said they are of the warmer type base layers, not the best at wicking, but by gum they are soft 🙂

househusband

Just back from Aldi with two; they have raglan sleeves, too – just how I prefer my t-shirts!

Thanks MoreCashThanDash! 8)

simmy
    Free Member

Anyone know how these are for sizing ?

I’m between a medium and large normally depending on the shirts

mikey3
    Free Member

Simmy,going by the ones I bought today(one small and one medium) they do seem to come up on the bigger side of sm+med,thats just going by the ones I had today tho,never bought any bamboo stuff before.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Are these available just today or do they run until they’ve sold out? Not really bothered with these Aldi deals but these look OK.

simmy
    Free Member

Simmy,going by the ones I bought today(one small and one medium) they do seem to come up on the bigger side of sm+med,thats just going by the ones I had today tho,never bought any bamboo stuff before.

OK cheers, think it will nip in tomorrow and get a medium.

As far as I know, they keep them in stock for a good few weeks or until they sell up.

Aldi Blackpool had a basket 3/4 full of them cycling gloves yesterday and they was on offer about 3 weeks ago.

MoreCashThanDash

You can all thank me by having a whip round and sending me a couple of these in large as the Ilkeston store didn’t have any in!

👿

Or maybe medium, having just read the sizing advice.

MoreCashThanDash

They arrived in Ilkeston a day late – lovely and soft, and the medium is a snug base layer fit on my normally large frame 😀

simmy
    Free Member

Yep I got a medium one at lunchtime and it fits me fine.

I’m back at work in a bit so I’m going to nip back to Aldi after work and see if they have anymore.

Heads up to anyone looking for them instore, they are wrapped in a paper tube so don’t mistake them for bin bags at first glance 😀

simmy
    Free Member

First time ever double post – stupid I Pad

kayak23

Watch out for pandas..

LoCo
    Free Member

Non in Risca Aldi now as I’ve bought all the larges, could fit in a medium though they come up pretty big (6’3″ with long torso) although factored in shrinkage (the top not me :-p )

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bamboo base layers at Aldi on Sunday’ is closed to new replies.