• This topic has 36 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gus1.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA and question – Teva Links
  • benp1

£27 on ebay in the funky bright grey colour

Size 11 and 12 only. I’m normally a size 11 (trainers, boots,
    shoes, wellies), just Salomons that I need to size up a half size on. Don’t have any MTB specific shoes yet, do I need to size up for these or should an 11 fit?

mangoridebike
    Free Member

Do you have a link please?

Doh1Nut

Normally an 8 in specialized – wear Teva 8
    Shoe tonge really thick and a bit weird at first, better after a short time

jeffskowski
    Free Member

I ordered my usual size and they fitted fine although they are quite a snug fit width wise, so if you have very wide feet they may pinch a bit.

Northwind

benp1 – Member

funky bright grey

I like it. Funky like John Major

ChrisI

Doh1Nut – Member

Normally an 8 in specialized – wear Teva 8
    Shoe tonge really thick and a bit weird at first, better after a short time
    Ditto this. The tongue makes them feel like a tight fit as they go on but once on they feel fine, and keep your feet pretty warm.

scandal42
    Free Member

I have the ‘mid’ boot black versions.

They keep my feet dry and very warm, even in the current shite.

v666ern
    Free Member

Listing ended

Rats.

Northwind

You might still find some Sombrio X-Shazams, they’re long gone in the more common sizes but they’re the best winter flat shoes I’ve tried- warm, fairly water resistant, all round good eggs. Love mine, I’d buy another set (or 2) in a flash if I could.

sas78

Good spot, if they are your size!

Pair ordered…

benp1

Well that’s a damn shame, shouldn’t have done a PSA! Never got a chance to buy one

The black mids are pretty cheap too from the same seller, under £35. Would prefer black lows though

mangoridebike
    Free Member

Cheers OP, I got a bargain, sorry to hear you missed out yourself 🙁

j40aja
    Free Member

They have more listed but slightly more expensive at £29.99 delivered.

Been looking for a pair in the sales as a spare pair, not my 1st choice colour wise but at that price was a no brainer.

benp1

I’ve just bought them at the relisted price, only £3 more, I can live with that, still a bargain

nodrog2
    Free Member

Good shoes. Well made, comfy and grippy (although not as grippy as FiveTens), bargain at those prices.

mcnultycop

There are mid height ones too for £30 in black, 10 and 11

keefmac

just got some from ebay for 29.99 , same as the OP’s specified.

Linky

dryroasted
    Free Member

are teva not doing mtb shoes anymore

mcnultycop

Nope

letmetalktomark

£29.99 lighter 🙄 😆

Have gone with a like for like sizing so fingers crossed 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

God damn, I need a UK10!!!

🙁

benjbish

Cheers OP. Too cheap to not do it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Me too 😐
    Or some five ten chase…..can’t find them either 😥

benp1

I bet they’re wondering where all the business suddenly came from!

Pleased everyone’s benefitted, roll on the next PSA

mcnultycop

I’ve had a pair of the Lunar Rock low Links for ages and they are brilliant, but am only a 9 so couldn’t take advantage of the PSA. Thought I’d try a pair of mids and this PSA reminded that Rutland had them for a smidgen over £40, after Quidco. Just ordered.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

How do people rate these Teva shoes compared to say Five Ten or Shimano shoes?

mcnultycop

I’ve only had the Tevas but they grip my superstar pedals nicely, but allow you to adjust foot position if you want to.

They are terrible if they get water in the top though, but any trainer style shoe is.

timmys

How do people rate these Teva shoes compared to say Five Ten or Shimano shoes?

Teva links are lower grip than my Five Ten Impacts. For me that’s a good thing though. In combo with DMR Vault pedals I fine the 5:10’s too grippy as I can’t adjust my foot position whereas the Teva’s are spot on. Teva Links also look 100% less orthopaedic than 5:10 Impacts.

Basically it’s all about the pedal:shoe combo and your personal grip preference.

If there were any size 10’s available I’d be snapping them up as a spare pair.

FOG

Not as grippy as five ten or Sombrio which are my only point of comparison. Seem to be holding up well under the current cycle of ‘complete soaking and mudbath followed by drying on central heating boiler followed by complete soaking’ etc. you get the idea.

hugorune

I’ve got the Links and the Pivot (SPD ones) and rate both of them really highly. The Pivots are awesome – replaced my shimano DXs …and they look good too!

As far as Teva not doing bike shoes anymore – i’ve just been on the Teva website – under ‘Bike’ and they have about 10 different styles – seem to be expanding their range if anything.

I got mine direct from Teva USA as they’d charge double down in Oz land (if there was a local distributor).

dhrider
    Free Member

Ordered a pair yesterday.

Thanks

letmetalktomark

My Links have just arrived.

First impressions are good.

The tongue is short but not a limiting factor.

Fit wise is snug. I debated sizing up to a 12 as I am a std 11 11.5 at a push.

The is a huge amount of padding in these – feels kind of like your feet are being hugged!

Will try them for general walking/posing ut will be using them on the bike as well.

Just need some flat pedals now ….. 😳

chambord

My Links have just arrived.

Just got mine too – first impressions are similar to the above, they seem very well made and they are reasonably snug. Haven’t had time to test them on my flats yet, but the sole feels much harder than the “stealth rubber” on my Five tens.

One thing I will say is that I bought them with the intention of using them for riding and destroying them in the mud, but now I think I’ll be a bit sad to ruin the bright yellow laces.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

So would you say go up a size? I don’t think they do half sizes

gus1
    Free Member
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA and question – Teva Links’ is closed to new replies.