Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA – Altura Varium Jacket with Much Cheapness
  • fruitbat

Leckies in Falkirk have Altura Varium Jackets for sale at £40. Mrs Fruitbat bought three today. They are selling like hot cakes apparently!

onandon
    Free Member

That’s a steal, I paid pull price for mine a cans eider that good value. Fantastic jacket.

drlex
    Free Member

Fruitbat, what’s the sizing like? Chart suggests medium, but I’ve a (rarely-worn) pocket rocket in large, so will probably go with that.

(now I have an urge to play some Carter USM on my commute this morning)

kevin1911

Any idea if they had many left? Might pop out at lunchtime

bigG
    Free Member

I finally got a chance to pop in to Leckie’s today. They still have a few boxes of these left. Good mix of sizes too.

vondally
    Free Member

does anyone know if they post?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

They post for an extra £3.50.

Nice jacket, but waterproof??? 😕

I wore mine in the pouring rain once, the water just soaked through, so I sold it.

Decent as a softshell, but thin & mince compared to Gore (It is only £40 mind you)

Certainly not worth the £140 RRP. IMHO.

bigG
    Free Member

I think they do post, I was speaking to the guy behind the counter and he said he’d posted 250! I think they also have an ebay shop, but I don’t know if these jackets are on it.

turbo1397
    Free Member

How do they size up. Im a large usually.. would I need to step up a size?

birney29
    Free Member

They do indeed post. Mine arrived few weeks back. Great jacket

drlex
    Free Member

I found that large was too big for me (6′, 38″ chest), but no mediums in red left, so returned for a refund.
    Paid by cheque, but they also use PayPal.
    As noted, they will post for a very reasonable amount.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

I bought a med and large and found the sizing was tight. Normally a medium but it was a tight fit so sold it to my mate and kept the large. Believe they’ve sold out as a mate at work tried to order one. Only worn it in dry conditions so not sure as to how waterproof they are.

rOcKeTdOg

I find mine very waterproof but on colder (-temp) days it’s not very thick, it’s also a proper roadie cut so if you’re a fatty go larger

creagbhan

Went over this afternoon and got an xl. I’m usually a large. Would say there was maybe a dozen lying mostly black xxl and xl’s.

househusband
    Free Member

Mine (a large) arrived this morning – perfect fit. Admittedly I should have taken advice given to me several weeks ago and then I’d have one that wasn’t black! (‘Project Management’ doesn’t like me having black road riding kit and she does have a point.)

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I have one too, just for more sizing info my Altura commuter jacket is a medium so went medium with this. Definitely a good bit tighter and agree its a very roadie cut.

hainman
    Free Member

Sorry to re-start an old thread but i got one of these last week,nice fir and hell of a warm,Is their a specific washing instruction for these…Ie with Graingers/Nikwax??

Cheers

Craig

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Altura Varium Jacket with Much Cheapness’ is closed to new replies.