Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • PSA: 1st Gen. iPod Nano replacement program.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/ipodnano_replacement/

If you have a 1st generation Nano, it’s going to explode and burn your house down* so check if you’re eligible to have it replaced.

Not sure what they’ll replace it with, but worth a punt. You’ll need the serial number (and a magnifying glass to read it) and your Apple ID. Takes 2 mins.

*possibly

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thanks for that, a box to return my nano is on it’s way and my replacement “iPod” should come back after than. Wonder which iPod it will be, nano I assume but a boy can dream 🙂
    OK, probably a shuffle but never mind…

AD

+1 – Much appreciated for that PSA – as Tracker says it’ll be interesting to see what comes back…

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Much appreciated….my dad still has my 1st gen nano, I’ll be getting that sent back!

wallop

In my dreams they’ll do this with the 1st gen iPod Touch. Mine’s sh*t now.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bit of a google shows they will probably be sending a 1st gen iPod nano back… Can still hope though 😉

debaser

Thanks for saving my house from a firey demise Stuartie, the new iPod (or my existing nano with a new battery) will be a bonus too.

hammyuk
    Free Member

RESULT!!!
    Cheers guys -turns out my one that “died” unexplainably is affected and a nice box is on it’s way to me!

thehustler
    Free Member

Mine had been handed down to daughter, she’s a bit miffed no ipod for a few weeks but heyho

Houns

Anyone had theirs come back yet?

njee20
    Free Member

Not even had the box yet, ordered 2 weeks ago. They say 6 weeks from when they receive the iPod.

debaser

Prepaid envelope arrived with me on Tuesday and I popped the fierynanopodofdoom in the post to Applecare on Wednesday.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I applied 13th, got an email 14th, envelope a week later on the 21st and sent it back on the 23rd. It’s not showing as received there yet.

Drac

Got my envelope at the weekend, forgot to post it today.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Applied last week , return packing came at weekend posted off today, apparently as a goodwill gesture along with the new nano comes an ipad 2 and an iphone 4s.

Creg

Mine has been “replacement pending” with Apple since the 19th of this month.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Brand new latest version touch screen nano received this morning.

Cheers Apple

ART

OOh here’s hoping then as mine went off similar timeline to yours RTTPOS Currently ‘replacement pending’.

debaser

8GB 6th generation iPod Nano arrived in the post this morning 😀

It’s a shame the rockbox firmware I had on the old one doesn’t work on the new generation, but I really can’t complain.

Anyone have a recommendation for the best current opensource/free software for putting on music without iTunes?

Drac

Just received a email to say my replacement has been dispatched today. 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

No sign of a replacement here 😥

Anyone have a recommendation for the best current opensource/free software for putting on music without iTunes?

Would be keen to find this out too – CBA with iTunes.

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

Wow – they are sending out new ones! I sent mine back a little late, but I hopefully I’ll get it before long.

Songbird used to support iPods, but it looks like they’ve dropped support in the latest version (which probably means Apple nixed it). A quick Google says that 1.2 was the last version to support it, which you can download here. No idea if an old version will work with a brand new ipod though…

unovolo
    Free Member

Mines supposedly on its way back to me too.
    Be nice to have the shiny latest one, but really did like the scroll wheel interface on my old one.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

oooooooo, it’s shipped! Am now going to be rushing home next week 🙂
    Am a little excited now to be honest…

dhrider
    Free Member

Mine was posted but wasnt at home when UPS delivered it.

Have to wait until Tuesday to get it but I know its a 6th gen nano im getting too.

andyl
    Free Member

Maybe it’s all a covert plan as Steve Jobs hid some secret plans for future products in some of the nanos software so they are trying to get as many back as they can to find the files?

Rio

Just got the email to say mine’s on its way – sent 04:05 on a Sunday morning, quite impressive really.

Great to get a new one, but on the other hand I only used this in the car and I gather they’ve changed the charging arrangements on the newer ones so that it won’t charge in my car (like my iPhone) so it’s a sort of win-lose.

nickdavies

Rio, I don’t know how if the new nano has a physically different charger (looking online it looks the same) but if it’s just the 12v-5v difference you can get a passthrough connector – so older chargers work with new ipod/iphone.

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ctipod-converter-convertor-iphone-itouch2-ipod-classic-p-9829.html

Rio

nd – that might work. The issue is apparently caused by the signalling down the dock connector that tells the iPod to charge which changed when they got rid of Firewire docks for some reason that’s not apparent to me (or many other people!).

Edit: found an even cheaper one – http://www.maplin.co.uk/ipod-charge-convertor-351735

Drac

Nano 6h gen 8Gb arrived about an hour ago.

antigee

as Drac just said ^^^^ thanks to the OP on this for the heads up – my shuffle just died on a too wet run so glad to get something better than old nano to replace it with

unovolo
    Free Member

Got mine today,nice new Shiny 8GB Ipod

Not bad really when the one I sent back was a 2Gb one with a Cracked screen(was in good nick besides though)

rocket
    Free Member

New 8gb 6th gen arrived today, replacing an old 4gb. Thanks Apple, and thanks stw for the heads up

brassneck

I’ve got a 1Gb pending and am now officially quivering with excitement 🙂

stuartie_c
    Free Member

il est arrivé!

IMAG0231 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

kdrugan
    Free Member

mine’s still pending despatch since 24th Dec. Get ON with it!

ART

Yay! The eagle has landed – nice, new shiny 8G model – well done STW excellent effort! 😀

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Get your artwork sorted Stuey!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘PSA: 1st Gen. iPod Nano replacement program.’ is closed to new replies.