• This topic has 21 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nerd.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PS4 – non shoot em up games?
  • boxelder

12 yr old son well into PC games – Steam stuff, minecraft type games etc. He plays creative/strategy games. We don’t want him getting into racing, shooting type games (I know, bleeding liberals/Victorian parents). Can’t afford £1,000 on a laptop that will game properly (uses his Mums at moment, but it’s a bit slow).
    So, to my question – are there decent ‘kids’ games on PS4. I mean one’s that don’t involve just reacting to stuff happening on the screen.
    The Last Guardian?
    Gravity Rush
    Ratchet and Clank?

tomhoward

Why not racing games?

Ratchet and clank has LOTS of guns…

olly2097
    Free Member

Can understand not wanting shooters but racers? Dirt rally is awesome.

I liked tearaway. Always on offer. Great game. Especially combined with a smartphone or tablet.

Also the witness.

Terarria as well

Or just more minecraft.

Cougar

Lego games?

Drac

Ark Survival Evolved but either offline or Player Vs Environment as you want to look after your snowflake.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

GTA – Royal Tunbridge Wells

deadkenny
    Free Member

A Wii instead? (or whatever the latest Nintendo thing is. Wii is the last console I bought and that’s going back a bit now 😀 . Point is I felt PS3/4 were getting too shoot-em-up and time intensive for me, plus I could do that stuff on a PC if I wanted).

eskay

As Drac said, Ark would be good. It is like minecraft on steroids!

Jamie
    Free Member

Ark Survival Evolved but either offline or Player Vs Environment as you want to look after your snowflake.

That seems unnecessarily dickish, Drac?

OP can raise his kid how he likes, no?

Drac

Did you miss this bit in the OPs post in frantic desperation to have a pop at me?

I know, bleeding liberals/Victorian parents).

matt_outandabout

Can’t afford £1,000 on a laptop that will game properly

Having just ordered a Dell Outlet i5/8gb/ssd/GPU machine for £550, you don’t need £1k.

Jamie
    Free Member

Did you miss this bit in the OPs post in frantic desperation to have a pop at me?

Frantic desperation? Erm…what?

As you correctly surmised, I did indeed miss that bit. Please accept my humble apologies.

yossarian
    Free Member

Skyrim

Drac

As you correctly surmised, I did indeed miss that bit. Please accept my humble apologies.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Nintendo switch out in a few weeks. Might be an option for less ‘adult’ games?

boxelder

Thanks all. By racing, I guess I was thinking of GTA.
    I’ll have a look at some racing stuff, as he’s a fan of Clarkson et al 🙄
    We have a Wii, but his little sisters are too often gyrating and singing in front of it……..
    Cheers Matt – £300 is pushing it to be honest. We have laptop and MacBook etc for work etc already.

boxelder

as you want to look after your snowflake.

I read that as being part of the game – having to stop it melting or something. Damn I’m thick when it comes to this stuff 😳

Drac

😆

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Looked like a bit of self deprecation to me.

mrchrispy

check out one called ‘the swindle’
    was free last month on PSN, played it to death over the last few weeks

sirromj

Antichamber. 1st person puzzler. The guns shoots little cubes that sticks to walls etc. These are used to solve puzzles. That’s if you haven’t run away because the graphics are stripped back minimalism, or because the game tries its best to confuse you at every turn.

nerd
    Free Member

Nintendo 2DS is £80 with New Super Mario Bros 2.
    That’s what I have as, even though I’m pushing 40, I’m too delicate to play shooter games.
    Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is amongst the best games I’ve played and costs £13!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PS4 – non shoot em up games?’ is closed to new replies.