Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Pressure Washing – Yes or No?
  • cinnamon_girl

I’m sure I’m not the only person to have a water meter to think about!

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Pressure washers use a lot less water than garden hose.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Not to mention the time and hassle that is saved by dropping round to the local garage.

The washers at petrol stations and car washes do not have narrow direct sprays but are fanned out and are more than suitable for cleaning a bike of crud.

alpin
    Free Member

i used to use one of those garden sprayer to clean my bike when i didn’t have an outside tap.

come to think of it i’ve still not got an outside tap….

but one of those hand pumped pressure bottles works pretty well. you can adjust the spray and a full bottle was enough for two bikes. also used to take it with us in the car and fill it up from a stream or lake.

RustyMac

c_g I a kind of suprised by you saying

Bike was extremely muddy yesterday and was disappointed with the pressure I was getting with it, used plenty of water too. Hence my question about the Mobi,

One of the guys i ride with has a nomad and it seems as powerfull as the mobi one i have. Have you had a look at video on the Nomad website to see how you can adjust the nozel for a more powerfull jet?

Also reading the instructions for my mobi one of the things it mentioned was there is a water filter inside the main water container that may need cleaned every now and then. This may be the same with yours so also worth a look if there are any service guide on the site especially if it has sat arround for a bit.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I find that whilst a jet wash can remove huge clumps of mup and gloop, the only way to get the bikes looking really clean (if that’s what you want) is to use a soft brush, sponge and muc-off / soap. Bikes look clean when blasted with a hose, but dry off looking dirty (especially anodised black frames).

I bought a jet wash recently, I think it’s going to mainly be used for cleaning the patio and scaring cats.

….but the spinning tyres thing is fun too!

cinnamon_girl

Rusty Mac – apologies for my wrong information! Am a bit paranoid with filling up the Dirt Worker and it leaking in car so use a separate water container. Container holds less than Dirt Worker hence running out of water! What a bimbo I am. 🙄

crikey
    Free Member

Pressure washing in my experience will mess up your bearings in pivots, in wheels, in headsets long before washing with bucket and sponge.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve yet to effectively clean a bike with a jetwash. It looks sparkly for about ten minutes until it dries and reveals a thin layer of caked on mud. Soapy water and a sponge for me.

spooky_b329

I’m sure I’m not the only person to have a water meter to think about!

As Dave said, jetwashes certainly use less water. I spent 15 minutes jetwashing the floor and walls of our stable recently, one person with a broom was enough to sweep the water 8 metres across the floor to the barn door before it started pooling under everyones stuff. With a hosepipe the place would have been completely flooded.

Tip for the dirtworker; I used to cover the air holes in the cap with a bit of tape, you just need to loosen the cap when using it so the air can get it. I’ve since sealed them with a few dollops of inner tube cement.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Pressure Washing – Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.