Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Prague – bar recommendations?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’m off to Prague for work and after some suggestions for decent bars. Ideally I’m after places that serve a variety of good beers and are pleasant without being flash. I’ll be paying myself so I’m not interested in anything too pricy or pretentious. Also I won’t be off to any strip bars so bear that in mind 😉

tia

taxi25
    Free Member

Been loads of times and normally just go to czech bars and pubs rather than Irish, etc, etc. This is a good guide, all the czech bars beer halls listed are worth a look.

http://www.pragueexperience.com/

Squidlord
    Free Member

If you want a big choice of beers, try Pivni Muzeum on Dlouha street

ciderinsport
    Free Member

went about 5 yrs back…

find the bottom of wezleclas (or whater its spelt like!) square, looking down hill to the left, follow that road to tesco 😳 turn right and a big locals bar / brewery / restaurant is just on your left!

Enjoy 😆 (I did!)

taxi25
    Free Member
    damitamit
    Free Member

This was good a few years ago when I went. http://www.gastroinfo.cz/pivodum/index.php?content=uvod&lang=eng

Squidlord
    Free Member

big locals bar /brewery / restaurant

That’ll be U Medviku (I live in Prague, BTW)

Edit: just saw the other post, too slow.

bren2709

Darlings
    superb beer and entertainment!

Squidlord
    Free Member

Couple of other ideas:
    U Pinkasu (excellent Plzen, can get a bit tourist). Near bottom of Wenceslas Sq.
    Lokal – on (Dlouha) and Lokal II (near Charles Bridge, on the castle side) – owned by a local chain, but good.
    Should also mention BikeAzyl by the river, below Rassinovo embankment. Hip bike workshop with outside bar when the weather’s good. Beware hipsters on fixies!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

yep!

(I live in Prague, BTW)

lucky bugger! 😉

clubber
    Free Member

thanks everyone.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Prague – bar recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.