Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PowerTap ANT+ connection problem… help!
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Old PT Pro hub works fine, no problems connecting to the Garmin or computer via ANT+ USB stick. So assuming the receiving end is fine.

New PT Pro hub (one with a PowerCap) connects very intermittently. First time I spun the wheel up the Garmin wouldn’t detect it. Figured it may be the battery, as it might have been sat in the box for a while, so replaced that. It then worked. Put the bike away in the garage for a few days.

Took it out today to go for a spin. Wouldn’t connect to the Garmin or computer. Changed the battery again. Nothing. Checked for firmware upgrades (at 16.000). PowerAgent could see the PowerTap but no upgrade available. Put it all back together and spun it up. Now the computer could see it via ANT+. Great. Put it on the bike and give it a spin and try and detect it via the Garmin… nothing. Since then despite another desperate battery change and popping the cap on and off… still nothing.

Anyone experienced similar or have any ideas? Send it back? Contact PowerTap?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ugh a wasted evening there. Thoroughly fed up with the new PowerTap.

Seemed to work briefly a couple of times when I put in a fresh battery but then nothing.

Checking the firmware using PowerAgent says 16.000, which I know isn’t the latest version, but it says there isn’t a version to upgrade to. Reading on various forums suggests that it’ll only report the correct version if the battery is in, though you need the battery out to upgrade. Trying to sort this out but now the PowerAgent has stopped recognising the PowerCap (no longer appearing in the Device Manager either.) Info on the PowerTap web site is useless too.

I’m tempted to take the wheel apart and send the bloody thing back, just don’t need the hassle. Shame really as my old PowerTap has been flawless for years now.

simondbarnes

Have you tried speaking to the shop you bought it from or tried… http://powertap.paligapltd.co.uk/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PowerTap ANT+ connection problem… help!’ is closed to new replies.