Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Powerballs…. worth it? recommend me one if so…
  • alpin
    Free Member

need to build up some more strength in my wrists to help prevent tendonitis.

guessing it’d be somewhat beneficial to riding, too.

someone today mentioned a powerball.

anyone use one? make much difference?

any pointers appreciated.

cheers

iridebikes
    Free Member

defnitely worth it, they have helped me with wrist issues, and help to relieve the pain of a shoulder injury. A friend has had similar experiences.

I have one of these –

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=powerball&hl=en&prmd=imvns&resnum=5&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1440&bih=809&ix=hca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4569012005109845815&sa=X&ei=aJ8hT9vOBcKEOquS-LII&ved=0CFkQ8wIwAg

timwillows
    Free Member

Cheap, can feel it working the muscles, slightly too noisy to use while watching the TV

Cannot comment on long term benefit – got bored with it

bigjim

worth it just to see how upset people get when they can’t make it go

alpin
    Free Member

right… going to order one…. for 20 quid it can’t do any harm….

cheers boys!

chvck
    Free Member

I have a scar on my hip from one! I decided to have a go at seeing what rpm I could get to then stopped paying attention and accidentally stopped it dead on my hip, hurt I can tell you!

float
    Free Member

12051rpm is my fastest so far 8)

rugbydick

That’s some good wrist action you’ve got going on there Float. 😯

Definitely get one. I got one just before Christmas. I think my grip is getting stronger but I am definitely getting less arm pump on the downhills even after just a month.

mildred

I’ve got one that I used a couple of times and got bored with if anyone wants one. It’s just sat in it’s box in the garage doing nowt for 12 months – offers?

rossi46
    Free Member

worth it just to see how upset people get when they can’t make it go

Mine got flung out of the window ages ago. Bloody thing 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, the best fun is watching how weak some people are as it jumps out of their grasp.

12051rpm is my fastest so far

You’ve seen the videos of people getting them going really fast, yes?

float
    Free Member

pff, i dont need to watch the videos 😉

but seriously, no i haven’t. never thought about searching , but now you mention it *tottles off to youtube*

That’s some good wrist action you’ve got going on there Float.

🙄 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

Powerball champion

chrisdw
    Free Member

Damn, I thought I was doing well with 10,000

FuzzyWuzzy

Didn’t get on with mine, started to give me tendinitis so swapped for just those cheap grip things from Tesco (although I got bored of using them several months ago :p ).

retro83
    Free Member

Very funny spinning it up then passing to a newbie and watching their arm flap about uncontrollably 😀
    Unfortunately mines been dropped a few times and is really hard to get over 8k now

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Powerballs…. worth it? recommend me one if so…’ is closed to new replies.