Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • Postmen to deliver 22 million copies of the Sun (WTF)
  • project
    Free Member

and Skelmersdale office in lancashire is the only one refusing to do so, AND GOING ON STRIKE, just perhaps the ROYAL MAIL, should stick to delivering letters and parcels, not putting young kids out of work, anmd delivering a crap paper, along with virgin broadband,talk talk,pizza and various political party leaflets.

all of which go for recycling without being looked at.

binners

I’d be interested to hear what the posties in Liverpool have got to say on delivering the Sun

all of which go for recycling without being looked at.

We’ve started putting all ours straight back in the postbox. They deliver it, they can take it back!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Unsolicited?

I may have to write a strongly-worded letter to the Mail.

project
    Free Member

L postcode areas are not delivering it because the post office said so,every other area is getting deliveries.

ourmaninthenorth

A few things:

1. The Post Office doesn’t deliver mail/leaflets/bricks back to UKIP. That’s the job of the Royal Mail and other delivery companies.

2. Drab place though Skem is, when the new town was built it was filled with scousers. There remains a strong link to Liverpool.

3. You may remember a certain football related incident in Sheffield in 1989.

But why let the facts get in the way of a good rant, eh?!

hora
    Free Member

Why would they go on strike? They are paid to deliver not choose what they deliver. Unless its racist etc.

We got a BNP mailer through delivered by RM. Shirley they should go on strike over THAT.

ourmaninthenorth

Oh, and I live in an L postcode (just). So will be happy not to receive it – it doesn’t burn nearly as well as the Telegraph when lighting the stove….

binners

Why would they go on strike? They are paid to deliver not choose what they deliver. Unless its racist etc.

Erm…..

franksinatra

Unless it is properly sanctioned industrial action organised by the trade unions then they should not be allowed to strike. Not condoning The Sun’s history here but the posties are paid to do a job. Unions are recognised for a reason, if they don’t follow that route I have no sympathy.

timc
    Free Member

Glad to hear this wont be delivered across the L post code area.

binners

Yeah… perish the thought that anyone should have any principles eh? Ones they’re prepared to stand up for? Just do as you’re told, you horrible bunch of proles! 🙄

project
    Free Member

Unless it is properly sanctioned industrial action organised by the trade unions then they should not be allowed to strike.

24 hour fire strike on thursday and friday wonder if that was sanctioned properley

grantway
    Free Member

What happened to Down loading
    To be honest i’ll be the last to read that XXXX
    But a waste of paper and not very environment friendly is it !

Is this save the SUN

MoreCashThanDash

I spent an enlightening Christmas temping at the Beeston sorting office a few years back.

They were on the point of walking out as someone changed the radio station before the allotted time. The other temps and I were strangely fixated by the frantic negotiations to resolve the crisis……by putting the radio station back to what it should have been!

To clarify, the radio station was changed every two hours to ensure everyone was equally annoyed by whatever was playing.

project
    Free Member

lets hope they had the relevant licences to play music

ourmaninthenorth

Actually, I wonder if they could deliver a load to me. I shall only be using them to light the fire in the winter, but it will save me the shame of buying the Telegraph in the local shops.

tthew

Think I’ll put a note on the door on Thursday/Friday and ask the postie not to leave it!

binners

Just post it back into a postbox. If everyone does that, its going to be a right PITA

hora
    Free Member

Shrugs, I’ll read it. Makes a change from the Metro or Stretford Reporter.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

PostMEN!!! The PC brigade will be all over this like a rash. Postal Delivery Operatives. Or as I like to call ours t***. (this is not a slur on all posties, many of whom I am sure are hard working, but ours is a lying thieving scumbag who opens our mail!) 😐

grum
    Free Member

The Sun is racist. See the recent ‘halal scandal’ for one bit of evidence.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m more amazballz by the fact that 22 copies of the Sun are sold. 😯

portlyone

Is there somewhere we can register to opt out?

gogg
    Free Member

Putting them back in the Post Box sounds like an excellent response.

Fortunately I live in Wales…

franksinatra

I do not buy the Sun, and as I live in Scotland I will not be getting one in the post. But..

Royal Mail is a business. They have negotiated a contract to bring revenue into the business. It should not be in the gift of their delivery staff to decide whether to honour this commercial contract or not.

They may not like it, but it is not illegal, and not their choice.

binners

The thing is; only someone who’s been living in a cave wouldn’t know the (well-founded) animosity to the Sun in Merseyside. And the reaction to staff being asked to be involved in promoting it is entirely predictable.

It rouses such intense feelings that this was absolutely bound to cause the reaction it did. Any management who had a clue would have seen it coming a mile off. Therefore its as much to do with bad management, as it is to do with bolshy employees.

These people have clearly decided, on a matter of principle, that theres a line in the sand they won’t cross. In this case being involved in actively involved in promoting a publication they rightfully despise.

How would you feel promoting an organisation that had labelled your friends or family (completely dishonestly) as drunken thugs who only had themselves to blame for their own deaths? You’d be happy with that, would you? And just get on with it, thinking “oh well… its a commercial contract negotiated by my employer, so I best be on my way”

franksinatra

Any management who had a clue would have seen it coming a mile off

hence the reason why the contract with The Sun excludes delivery to all Liverpool postcodes. The argument here is around the fringe scouse areas.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just post it back into a postbox. If everyone does that, its going to be a right PITA

That’s exactly where mine will be going.

I’m tempted to start doing the same with all the junk mail that RM post through my door every day.

binners

notmyrealname – thats what we do. We’ve a postbox just outside our house. All the crap that gets delivered gets popped straight back in the post

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

RM would go bust if it were not for all that junk. Ho hum.

Source: Employee I know well.

Frodo

These people have clearly decided, on a matter of principle, that theres a line in the sand they won’t cross. In this case being involved in actively involved in promoting a publication they rightfully despise

These people are idiots.

Do you think TNT, DPD or any of the other postal companies would put up with this! Its childish and unprofessional and can’t help with Royal Mail’s already poor reputation.

You may not like the Sun but a contract has to be honoured.

crankboy
    Free Member

To my mind having principled staff who refuse to sell out their beliefs and dump unwanted and offensive junk where they know it may cause upset, enhances the Royal Mail’s reputation.

maccruiskeen

The issue has arisen because the Sun are more than aware that scousers wouldn’t want a copy of the sun through the door – so they’ve made it their strategy not to deliver them in ‘Merseyside’. However Merseyside has quite a wiggly border so places like Skelmersdale are outside of that border whilst still being very close to Liverpool

mudshark
    Free Member

Nothing illegal or immoral here so do your job. Shame they can’t bring in temporary workers to do it for them when they have an unpaid day off.

hora
    Free Member

So…. the Sun doesnt sell well in Liverpool/Skelm?

binners

True. People with principles about having their relatives and friends slandered to sell a few papers, are all idiots, clearly.

I can’t see the problem with it either. Oversensitive bastards eh?

I think any company in Merseyside taking on a contract to deliver the Sun would face exactly the same issues. If you don’t realise that, then you clearly don’t understand the depth of feeling in the ares

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Shame they can’t bring in temporary workers to do it for them when they have an unpaid day off.

Of course they can. Strike breaking with scab labour is perfectly legal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So…. the Sun doesnt sell well in Liverpool/Skelm?

Other groundbreaking news includes water is wet, the earth is not flat and your frames are too small.

franksinatra

o my mind having principled staff who refuse to sell out their beliefs and dump unwanted and offensive junk where they know it may cause upset, enhances the Royal Mail’s reputation.

Would you still think that if you were the paying customer who had entered into a contract for RM to deliver your product to every address? What about if they refused to deliver letters from a church as they were athiests, or invoices from a butcher as they were vegetarians blah blah…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Postmen to deliver 22 million copies of the Sun (WTF)’ is closed to new replies.