• This topic has 61 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Postie's Just Been… My Life is Now Complete…
  • cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I’m sure WYSIWIG will be along any minute to tell me why I’ve bought the wrong one, but I care not. This just landed and it’s freakin awesome!!

Plus a load of 10mm steel bearings off ebay, looking forward to having a go later! 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is this the new “manly” way to eat peanuts?

rOcKeTdOg

how do you strap it on?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Is this the new “manly” way to eat peanuts?

Yep, I launch them 300 yards vertically, catch them in my mouth and they penetrate my digestive system burying themselves 18 inches deep in the soil.

Then I can make artisan peanut butter when they grow into peanut trees…
    😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep, I launch them 300 yards vertically, catch them in my mouth and they penetrate my digestive system burying themselves 18 inches deep in the soil.

You might want to move it away from in front of your detuned analogue television before you attempt this. Those old CRT’s can explode with quite a pop !

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Hey, don’t knock it… Channel 5 is as clear as a bell!

breninbeener

Is that a sight on the RHS? I have no idea why but i want one!

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Pah! where’s the fun in that, no chance of catching your thumb with the projectile with that monstrosity.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

I always wanted one of those when i was a young un.

How about making your own slingshot and ammo… out of your beard (you might need to grow one first). 😯

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsXKkYGDcLw[/video]

IHN

Sooooo, I’m going to ask. Why?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Is that a sight on the RHS? I have no idea why but i want one!

Yep, sure is… I doubt it’ll be much use – you tend to shoot a catty ‘instinctively’, but it’ll be fun to have a play…

It was only 22 quid delivered, plus 3 quid for a load of ammo…

My bro got a Barnett Cobra, so I needed something to top trump him. The stabilisers and sight are no doubt a gimmick, but it looks miles cooler, and it’s called a “Pro Diablo II” for the win!

benp1

Wear safety specs just in case – no fun taking an elastic strap in the eye

I like doing the odd bit of plinking with mine. Mix up steel bearings and lead balls – the latter are bigger and much much heavier

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I’m thinking of learning to use it whilst riding my road bike and taking out road ragers and punishment passers…

Sort of like a modern day jousting/Hunger Games sort of thing…

And I’m told, that if you shoot the ground an inch or so to one side of a cat, it frightens them away… 😉

nickc

Sooooo, I’m going to ask. Why?

yeah, my question also…I could see why an 11 year might be keen, but other than that I’m struggling

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I could see why an 11 year might be keen, but other than that I’m struggling

I suppose I thought the real answer is that there’s a little boy in all of us… But there clearly isn’t. What a shame, I feel a bit sorry for you!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Foxes.

swavis

Cats?

daftvader
    Free Member

cyclingweakly … you need to check out the slingshot channel on youtube. link Joerg Sprave is a nutter but quite funny
    Edit: just watched the video up there… he’s quite mad!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I thought that was a set of tri bars for your £1 cinelli

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

That’s a great link Vader! Thanks for that… I remember getting sucked in by his fake head-shot video!

somafunk

A barnet diablo, i had one of those as a kid – was great fun punching holes through old cars (amongst other things) lying around on the farm.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

how do you strap it on?

Thought it was a strap on 😯

Gary_M
    Free Member

i had one of those as a kid

And that sums things up nicely.

nickc

I feel a bit sorry for you!

don’t be, I gave up tormenting animals and vandalising glasshouses when I was about 12…

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have the one in your OP. Its great but doesn’t get used as much as my folding black widow. They are both great fun but the pro one with all the dangly bits doesn’t add anything other than less portability and somewhere for the elastic to get tangled. I bought it because at only £20 it was the biggest and best the shop had but ended up buying the black widow a few days later.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I have a black widow too, used to use it for firing boilies when carp fishing… You could get them to do an awesome Barnes Wallis if you shot them from a low angle!

Saccades
    Free Member

I like to fire jelly babies against brick walls – really satisfying for some reason.

gonzy
    Free Member

i had a black widow catapult when i was younger…parents wouldnt have approved so i kept it hidden in the back yard.
    then a mate damaged it so i had to get it fixed…then i got busted by my mum 🙄

mrsfry
    Free Member

Is this so you can pay your servants without getting close to them

dknwhy

I had one of those when I was a kid! Used to shoot holes through coke cans and asbestos panels. Good times!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

At least spell my name right, it’s wYg, thanks.

PS the peanut is a member of the bean family and grows to just over a metre tall, more of a bush than a tree. And I didn’t even have to google that. Just HTH.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I shot my mate’s arse with a stone from a black widow when I was a kid. He wasn’t impressed lol. My mate Andy had one off those pro diabolo when we were around 7 or 8 yup carnage ensued.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I guess as an adult you afford to buy yourself toys now lol

I wouldn’t mind buying Grimlock from the Dinbots/Transformers G1 but realised I’m not 5 years old anymore lol.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We had Black Widows as kids. Then we “pooled” pocket money and bought a Diablo (which is what that looks like.) Is it a Diablo? Am I just imagining it or does anyone else remember these models?

EDIT: just read monkeychild’s post, so no, not just me.

tedspecial
    Free Member

I had a black widow too as a kid too. Seem to remember using it to dispose of the massive marble collection I’d built up as a smaller kid. Had a right arsenal as a kid – catapults, airguns, flick/buttterfly knives, spears, nunchucks etc. Don’t know how I’m still here to be honest 🙂

mattyfez

Black widows were legendary when I was young, we only had one friend who had one.. He was popular!

gonzy
    Free Member

Is it a Diablo? Am I just imagining it or does anyone else remember these models?

one of my mates bought a Diablo…at the same time as me…he got busted by his dad just before i did

neither of us saw our catapults again.. 😥

redthunder
    Free Member

I use one of these… had it since I was about 7….now 46.

Upgraded over years with barnett rubber and leather pouchs.

What I like about it is that you can put any irregular stone it. Still prefer marbles. Dont forget to anchor 🙂

You can sling it around your neck, concealed when not in you use.

I will dig out a picture of mine. Example below.

mccraque

I think my mum banned me from using the Black Widow in ’88 – I’d taken out the windows on the local scout hut as well as making several indentations in the neighbours caravan. Generally speaking, we were probably a little more destructive than we should have been. But the fishing shop readily sold them to naughty 11 year olds.

Upgraded a couple of years later to the bait-pult. Our fishing trips generally ended in bombarding one anothers swims with mortar style attacks. Probably still got it in the garage…. must go look…

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

It’s a “Pro Diablo II”, and I can happily report back that it’s fantastic fun!

Got home last night and spent an hour in the sunshine firing ball bearings at a tree stump. If I never use it again, it was worth 20 quid for that hour of nostalgia. It reminded me of those summer holiday days spent aimlessly (or aimfully) firing anything we could find at anything we could find.

That’s probably why I’m still a pretty reasonable shot! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Postie's Just Been… My Life is Now Complete…’ is closed to new replies.